I need some help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few weeks ago my fj62 developed a noise similar to a grinding noise above 65 mph and only when the car was given enough gas to maintain speed. If accelerating or if you let off the gas, it would not make any noise. Well it started getting a little worse, and me being the genius i am decided that i would go exploring on some forest service roads close to my house. it worked great all day as i skipped between road in and out of 4wd, but as we went on the last road, i put it in 4wd and now it is stuck in 4wd. My car now makes that grinding noise above 55 and its a lot worse. Are these two things related or are they separate. I am afraid that my T-case is falling apart on me. Please give me any advise as to what to look for or what it could be. ~Thanks

If its stuck in 4wd you definately shouldnt being driving it on hard surfaces.
They are part time 4wd and should be shifted out of 4wd before you get on the road
Try reversing until it comes out or on try it some soft soil
It maybe just a hose to the vacuum solenoid or shifter that has come off or got a leak.
You can try swapping hoses.

The noise in the t/cse could be low oil,bad bearings. I would get a manual with a trouble shooting guide or take it to someone

thanks for the reply... i will definitely check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom