I need some advice on a shackle problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
I got stuck in a big creek bed for awhile today before my friend nathan and his 40 pulled me out, on the way out of the woods i hit a big bump i didn't see and i was goin a good 20 when i would've crawled over it. I'm not sure if it was the odd positioning in the creekbed or the bump but I noticed i was leaning when i got home and discovered that the rear left shackle has flipped itself so that it is snug against the frame pointing towards the rear. Does anyone have any advice as how to fix this problem in a manner which doesn't involve taking off the tire and u-bolts and plate and all?

jack the rig up

dfcruiserguy said:
I got stuck in a big creek bed for awhile today before my friend nathan and his 40 pulled me out, on the way out of the woods i hit a big bump i didn't see and i was goin a good 20 when i would've crawled over it. I'm not sure if it was the odd positioning in the creekbed or the bump but I noticed i was leaning when i got home and discovered that the rear left shackle has flipped itself so that it is snug against the frame pointing towards the rear. Does anyone have any advice as how to fix this problem in a manner which doesn't involve taking off the tire and u-bolts and plate and all?

so your suspension drops(high lift will work for this,if you dont have one now is a good time to get one)
raise up the corner that the shackle has inverted.
it may drop down, or you may have to push down on the tire.
lift it high enough to get the tire off the ground.

Get a big pry bar and flip it out..

thanks guys, as a poor teen i don't have any cash for a high lift but my good buddy nathan does and i'm sure he'd let me borrow it for this, when he pulled me out today he also recommended i get one, so after i get the carb fixed i'll invest in one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom