I need help !! with my land cruser 1997 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moh

Threads
Hello my friends I need a service from you I own a Toyota Land Cruiser 1997 and the engine size is
4500 CC and I'm working with petrol I need to change my engine to a HZ 4200 Turbo diesel engine
Do I need to change the front and back crowns as well and do I need to change the speed box

Hello my friends I need a service from you I own a Toyota Land Cruiser 1997 and the engine size is
4500 CC and I'm working with petrol I need to change my engine to a HZ 4200 Turbo diesel engine
Do I need to change the front and back crowns as well and do I need to change the speed box

my car works with gas , i wants to swap the engine with disel engine
do i keep the gears box and the differential or buy a new ones works with disel

what do i need to swap the engine and works with no limit jest like the old one

923063596b5076cb783ac8a08d106b4f.jpeg

Last edited:
my car works with gas , i wants to swap the engine with disel engine
do i keep the gears box and the differential or buy a new ones works with disel
923063596b5076cb783ac8a08d106b4f.jpeg
You will probably get your questions answered easier in this forum- Diesel Tech / 24 volts

No need to give him a step-by-step, but come on, a couple pointers to lead him to his question won't kill anyone. You don't have participate in this thread, and frankly will remember the next stupid thing you ask.

To answer your question @Moh, we are going to need more info as to what you are trying to do. Most of us haven't done diesel swaps in our 80s, so we won't know all of the details but to even get started, we are going to at least need to know what motor you are thinking about so that we might be able to get you sorted out. Some of the terms you are using are unfamiliar, so we'll need to figure out what you are referring to before we could make a recommendation.

Mandrake is right that this will take a lot of homework on your part as there are no easy swaps that work with the hardware and wiring that the US spec 80s came with.

You could also try looking through the sticky thread for the diesel swap registry to see what other people are using.

Diesel Transplanted 80 series Registry

Last edited:
As @Moh said, he is interested the 1hz diesel, Out of my wheel house for sure. But like @Spike said and I have read here, not a cheap conversion.

Moh this very expensive, are you sure?, it is not worth al the money and work hours for most people.
If you sell what you have and buy a factory diesel it will be much easier to maintain.
Price:US $6,199.98
Shipping: $450.00
Is the gasoline engine broken?

Ok...transmission will not work, as yours is an A343F and diesels use A442F or A440F (old) even the disc count on the diesel is different than the gasoline on the A442F...aside from the torque converter
1HZ is NOT turbo, you maybe referring to an 1HD-T
If you are going to change to a manual tranny, get H151F as it works with all engines, if you get R151F it is only rated to work with gasoline an NON turbo diesels
Hope it helps...

Wow, this thread got cleaned up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom