For Sale I need help on pricing please: 1985 Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. Minitruck
1985 Toyota SR5 (last year with solid front axle) 4WD truck; standard bed, standerd cab
22RE (EFI engine)
seller is asking $7,000 USD

Hi, I am speaking with an original owner 1985 Toyota SR5, standard bed, standard cab
has the original spare tire, never been used, tool roll, jack
all never been used
22RE engine, zero modifications, stock radio, everything is there
ranch vehicle, original paint, has not been registered since 2008
Runs well and is a daily driver on the ranch still

156k miles; 100% stock

any thoughts on pricing? clean title, clean car fax, runs well, no major mechanical issues, just needs to be "restored"
body surface rust only with underlying patina..
I need help on pricing, would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I am getting hung up on the fact it is original owner and a solid front axle. Need help thinking this through, thanks

image1.jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image1 (2).jpeg

Last edited:
I would go for it at $7k, depending on condition. If it’s been in a dry climate and only has superficial surface rust and patina, that’s actually a plus (for me anyway). I stay away from repainted trucks. Have you checked the bedsides and wheel wells for rust? They are notorious in those areas. Frame looks good? Only surface rust?

It is also a rare option combo - SR5, single cab, short bed, 1985 with solid axle, 22RE with fuel injection, 5-speed, and RF1A transfer case. All the goodies.

If it is truly only cosmetic patina/rust, I would buy it. Nice find.

Edit: We also need better photos. Do you have a photo of the entire truck in the frame of the picture in direct sunlight?

Last edited:
hi, thanks again, here is every picture i have:

there is even one in there of the truck when it was new, cool to see. it has some dealer installed wheels on it the owner no longer has. on that topic, the wheels it currently has, are those oem? if i would to sand blast and powder coat them think they would come out looking new again? if not, any idea if these are nla from toyota? Thanks again to all for your thoughts
Bryan

Very cool pics.

Those appear to be FJ40 wheels. They are made by Toyota, but I do not think they are the original wheels that came from the factory with the truck.

The factory wheels are almost identical to the FJ40 wheels, but do not have hub cap clips. They are NLA from Toyota.

Also, the Toyota IFS wheels are very similar, but do not have the correct offset to fit the SFA.

I’ll send you a more complete response directly to your PM when I get to a real computer.

Personally if that truck was local to me, I'd hand him $6K in cash and drive it home. I don't even need or want a truck at the moment but I wouldn't hesitate to buy it for that amount.

They're only like this once...buy it, give it a little love and elbow grease, enjoy!

If you pass, would you be open to helping other folks purchase it?

Brett

Personally if that truck was local to me, I'd hand him $6K in cash and drive it home. I don't even need or want a truck at the moment but I wouldn't hesitate to buy it for that amount.

They're only like this once...buy it, give it a little love and elbow grease, enjoy!

If you pass, would you be open to helping other folks purchase it?

Brett
Absolutely I can give you his contact details if I don’t end up buying it
Nice old rancher guy, original owner, the vehicle has a good story and potential

$7K is fair. Under $7K is advantage buyer.

frame rot issue....how big of a deal is it do you think? I haven't seen this truck in person and I am wary of buying it sight unseen given notorious frame issues... if the bed has rust that is one thing but something integral like the frame a bit more worrying...

frame rot issue....how big of a deal is it do you think? I haven't seen this truck in person and I am wary of buying it sight unseen given notorious frame issues... if the bed has rust that is one thing but something integral like the frame a bit more worrying...

How big of a deal? Medium big.

But seriously, for any purchase, you should inspect the truck in person. Or have a 3rd party inspect it for you. Pics can only do so much.

i just posted this one I found on CL in Vermont and they are asking $7500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom