i need a tie rod end (right away) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the one that the pitman arm joins with. i've got the saginaw, and adapted the stock end to fit the saginaw pitman.
that end is destroyed now, and i need a new one tomorrow. is this the type of end that i will have to order? or can i find something at napa or autozone that will work?

if i find something to thread into my draglink, i can find a way to get the saginaw to slide on.
anyone?
anyone?

what and which "stock end to fit the saginaw"

more info needed! dont have the slightest clue which TRE you used in the pitman.

vehicle application, taper size, thread size and pitch, something more please.

it's the pitman from the saginaw, and the TRE from the cruiser's drag link (the original one).

I'm pretty sure you can get the original TRE from Autozone or the likes. I'm sure your well aware that you can't go to the dealer anymore to just get an end. Anything besides a local parts store is going to take more than a day to arrive.

saginaw pitman has never had a small enough taper to accept a stock fj40 TRE, i have been through alot of applications. what you got going on?

emergency cruiser parts, is having it already as a spare, otherwise few day wait and a reasonable-too much amount of $$$ later.

hmmmm.
this pitman arm has a smaller taper then the last one i was using. i got the cruiser TRE to fit in, and even got the castle nut and pin on. the problem is that the threads on the TRE are shot, so the castle nut is doing nothing besides acting as a spacer. i've got the cotterpin on there tight, but i don't know if that pin will be strong enough to hold the whole assembly together. i can turn the wheel in the driveway and evertying looks light, but i haven't driven it yet as i'm boxed in by visiting relatives.

it held together with the pin (did a little snow bank busting). i'm just going to get myself another stock end.
i guess this thread turned out to teach us nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom