I need a picture of a factory spare tool kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing. Can someone lay out what should be in the truck and snap a picture?

I realized I'm SOL if I get a flat right now. I don't know what I'm missing to get the spare out or operate the jack.

Should be three pieces along with the jack... two extension arms, one end has a hook and then a "crank" handle that goes over the end. I will go out in about an hour and take a pic on my lunch if no one else responds.

$_1.JPG

I'm missing most of that. I'm in trouble. Time to use that picture to create a wtb ad.

Thanks!

Four brown/black end rods in the pic are what are needed to lower the tire. Other than that all you really need is a tire iron for the random chance you have to swap a tire on the road and the jack. Other stuff is neat to have but superfluous.

file.php

^^^ LOL>..
And the first thing I thought of when I saw the duck, or whatever it is, lying on the ground was..... "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside..."

What is the thing on the far left of the stock kit picture? I've never figured that one out...

What is the thing on the far left of the stock kit picture? I've never figured that one out...

It helps when putting the wheel center caps on. You place the caps on the wheel and then that thing over it for a firm place to strike with whatever you choose.

It's the tool to install the factory center caps.

Other than a couple useful items, a complete factory tool kit is just a "cool to have" item. Reality, it's usefulness is akin to treating a traumatic amputation with a basic first aid kit full of band-aids.

Definitely get a good four way lug wrench.

heck, I toss the tools and put my own in the bag

Center cap tool? That's actually kind of hilarious. I'll have to try it some day and see if it works better than the rubber mallet...

A friend of mine has two 86 4runners and he is lending me a tool to use for now. Is a single piece hook rod that's really long. Doesn't fit in the side panel but I was able to drop the spare today.

I think if I just find a single hook rod, an extra extension and the handle I'll have what I need for the spare and the jack.

Also here is a picture for the spare. HR78-15 and it's never been on the ground.

IMG_0781.JPG

Center cap tool? That's actually kind of hilarious. I'll have to try it some day and see if it works better than the rubber mallet...
The 'tool' was most helpful installing the sleeve around the front hub. I used a rubber mallet on the rear caps.

That original spare is gangster. I can't recall if it matched the ones on the rest of the truck originally but I know our door frames are stamped with H78-15 and not 235/75/15.

Clean the wheel and tire. Hang it on the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom