I need a junk FJ40 HUBCAP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HandForged

Built Not Bought!
Threads
I'm setting some wheels up with hubcap clips and I need a junk hubcap to test them out. Anyone have an extra laying around?

coming to Helena sat? I most likely have something that will work for you. I'll look in the AM

yep, I'll be heading over there in the morning. I'll be at the other Paul's place dropping off some parts. Are you going to be around?

should be around or at the shop at work until 2-3pm

Gotcha, I'll be coming through before noon, then headed to Missoula.

Paul that cap fits PERFECTION on those wheels I picked up. I'll get the clips drilled and installed on one and post some pics for you. You'll really dig it!

Here is the wheel with the hubcap in place! Some careful measurements revealed that the stock clips will not work on the new style wheels to retain the cap. The center section is much deeper, so the clips will need to be taller to protrude enough to catch the ring inside the hubcap. SO!, I have some 15n20 spring steel in the shop that I know will make an excellent clip, I'll make up a jig in the next few days to be able to reproduce these in bulk. I wonder if there would be an interest in them if I made a few dozen of them...Hmmmm

project80.jpg

Here is the new hubcap clip to use the hubcaps with the 16 or 17" wheels! Took a little work in the forge but I am happy with them now. They are certainly heavier duty than the stock clips, thicker gauge steel, deeper bends for longevity.

clips.jpg

clips1.jpg

clips2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom