I need a hand pulling FJ60 head (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all, I've had the pleasure of meeting a few of you at some of our monthly meetups, but now's the time I actually need to ask for a favor. I am generally fairly mechanically inclined having changed my clutch, installed an OME, and refreshed the AC. But pulling the head is out of my realm and from what I have heard it's a two man job anyways. I'm looking preferably for someone who has done this job before on a 2F and is willing to impart some knowledge.

Up until now, I have done all my work (except clutch) in my apartment garage, but I'm not sure if that's quite right for this project so I can grab a truck and car dolly to get where we need to go. Willing to buy dinner/beer or pay cash, whatever you see fair. Anyways, I thought I would reach out here before I go searching for a shop to get my 60 back on the road. :cheers:

What part of town are you in? I've done a couple 3FE heads, but its no different than doing a 2F....both are push rod flat tappet motors. I read through your thread and what others have said are correct. If you have the FSM and you are mechanically inclined, you shouldn't have any problem with this job, especially with all the documentation on MUD. Be sure to keep the lifters and pushrods in the correct order they are removed. I usually get a piece of cardboard and label it 1-12. The lifters are worn with the lobes on the camshaft, so it is important to keep them in order for re-assembly.

I live on S Lamar in the apartment next to the Broken Spoke. I'm planning on doing this work this weekend if you or anyone else is around and interested in lending a hand. The ride to work on the motorcycle this morning had my hands pleading for me to fix the cruiser.

Are you doing this job at your apartment complex parking garage?

A.J

Was planning on it unless that's a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom