I need a GOOD shop. Any suggestions??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Blackdog

"Y'all smell that?"
Threads
I am putting new seals and bearings on Casey's 4Runner and need to send the axle out to a shop to have the new parts pressed on. Anybody know of a reputable shop that will do the job for less than the cost of a new truck? I took the axle out tonight and the bearing is completely shattered and the oil seal is just a metal ring with no discernible rubber left on it.

What year?
I'm not sure you need a machine shop, just a shop with a press. Which should be any shop.
Carl's Car Care is awesome and just through the Summit on Cahaba Heights Road. "J" is a friend and off roader. Actually pulled in there this morning and he threw my new rear brakes on.

Yeh. All I need is a shop with a heavy duty press and an operator that can read a measuring tape. I know where Carl's is and I will give him a call tomorrow. I called Franklin and they said they could do it for me, but the estimate seemed a bit higher than I was expecting to hear for a quick press job. It is a 98 model, so it has that funky ABS ring on the rear axle and the sealed bearings on a backing plate. Not everything can be as elegantly simple as an 80 I guess.

Hey, I had to finesse that same ABS ring over to the Longfield last night. Is that all you need it for? That's a BFH

What Did Carl's say? (You know, Carl passed years ago, there's no one there by that name) I forgot to tell J you were calling.

Carls did the press work for me and I got it done on Wednesday night. Thanks for the lead. J had a tool he had made up just for those axles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom