• Trail Tailor

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Build your own

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • Other

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Box Rocket

SILVER Star
Threads
I’ve sold my ARB bumper and need a replacement. I’ve gone the rounds in my own mind on what to do and haven’t been able to decide. There isn’t one out there that is “perfect” for what I want so I’ve even considered building my own. But I know there are some really good ones out there so I’d like some opinions. I’m not wanting a full bullbar otherwise I’d have just kept the ARB.

Vote in the poll for what you like. If you have one of the listed ones feel free to post a pic. If there are things you don’t like about it let me know what it is.

I went with the trail gear for cost and the fact that it was the only model I could find that would accept my older Warn XD9000i with the integrated solenoid (ARB may of been possible but $$$ and not my favorite). I'm sure departure angle is not the best of all choices but the fact the winch mounts on top of the frame rails and not between them also keeps it out of the Midwest muck. There's very little room between the winch and grill so couldn't be made much narrower.

If your considering tune I’d recommend either Bump It or Metal Tech. I really like my BIO tube bumper.

Or just build your own, you have the skills.

The Slee and Costa are my favorites...

A,

As you know I'm out a few weeks. Here's mine.

J

MNELSON2.jpg
IMG_0003.JPG
20170609_172030_zpsabty4cxp.jpg
IMG_20170202_100726052.jpg
IMG_20170209_134436240.jpg

Last edited:
I think the Shortbus is hard to beat off the shelf. I have had mine for over 10yrs and the only change I have thought about making was to flush mount some additional lights into the face of the bumper. Beyond that, when I moved it from my last rig to the new one, I had it powder coated to match the dark gray trim. I like that much better than the black.
bump1.jpg
bump2.jpg

Bumpers are like tires and oil, choose what works best for you. When I replaced my ARB I wanted something that was close to the body and offered great approach angles. Choose what suites your needs.

I don't think I've seen a 4x4 labs in person, but I think they look the best on here. You already stated you're not interested in the Metal tech, but I really like mine. Good coverage and light weight. My friend had a Trail Gear front and it was OK, but IMO stuck too far out. Lots of personal preferences obviously.

I don't think I've seen a 4x4 labs in person, but I think they look the best on here. You already stated you're not interested in the Metal tech, but I really like mine. Good coverage and light weight. My friend had a Trail Gear front and it was OK, but IMO stuck too far out. Lots of personal preferences obviously.
I agree that the TG one sticks out a little far. Welding in top plates would hide that a little.
I dig the Labs bumper

Adam, you would love the Short bus. Only downside is round lights don't really look like they belong on the Short bus like they do on an ARB. (In my opinion)

A little out of the box, but consider Rogue Racing out of Henderson, NV. They have a bumper called the “Enforcer” that can be adapted to the 80. I worked with them to develop the bumper for a 2017 SEMA build. It turned out so well, I had them do a 3D scan of the front mount points on my 80. Just haven’t yet pulled the trigger, but they have all the data.

Home - Innovative Off-Road Products & Designs

59294A3E-123D-42D7-AD5A-FF172FC647CB.jpeg

Can you actually still get a BinksFab?
Was pretty much not an option as soon as the community got excited about it.

Maybe so if local ..... or in your case your truck gets lots of shutter time and likes to frequent magazines ;)

I think the costa has the best design features and is solid with a subdued look. Would be my choice if in your position for my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom