I may do a thing…. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I jumped from an 11 to a 16, and am glad I did, but did so before prices went insane. I like the refresh a lot more, personally like the transmission better and the headlights are much better, but not a whole lot different elsewhere. The Heritage may hold value well, but you'll still deal with depreciation on a newer car which will probably offset any value enhancement the Heritage brings in the future, especially now as supply chain is catching up and buying is dropping due to economy/interest rates. Although if it is a long time before a LC badge comes stateside, the Heritage may hold value extremely well as there are many enthusiasts that don't want an LX badge.

I also would not want to finance a car at current rates. Unless the Heritage is an amazing deal, I'd keep what you have.

Both. At least for a while.

No payment is always a win. Also the 08-11 just feels more utilitarian to me if that make sense. Keep what you got and admire from afar. Cheers regardless.

One can make the argument that 2016+ have significant safety/towing upgrades (blind-spot, better adaptive cruise, 360 camera, BIGGER brakes) and better off-road via better transmission ratios (esp crawl ratio and more flexible CRAWL system with MTS). Of course, you technically add 9 years of vehicle life by buying the 2020.

How much is all of that worth? That is your and your family’s call.

I love my 200, glad I bought it 10 years ago, plan on keeping it a long time. Personally I would never consider buying one today, especially if I already had one. The more I think about it If mine got totaled I’d have a hard choice and don’t think I’d get another 200.

sell the 2011 to me for the trade in price :)

I love my 200, glad I bought it 10 years ago, plan on keeping it a long time. Personally I would never consider buying one today, especially if I already had one. The more I think about it If mine got totaled I’d have a hard choice and don’t think I’d get another 200.
What would you get instead?

What would you get instead?
Man I have no idea. If I totaled my 200 today Since I rarely drive the LX in the winter I’d have time, Wouldn’t really feel the need a replacement until late May. Probably would look for something I would only plan on keeping ~2-5 years until I can get an EV replacement. That said my camper is 7k lbs, the cleanest, most basic, high mile, cheapest, 10-15 year old: tundra, 3/4 ton diesel, possibly a 200 but wouldn’t pay more then one of the others. Either that or drive the cars I have and sell the camper trailer and build a unimog camper….

I’m guessing @coleAK would either get a Rivian or a Cybertruck.
I got my deposit back from Rivian, cyber truck is seeming like it may never materialize. Still have a reservation on one and a Silverado EV, Watching the scout EV.

I’m waiting on at least 400 miles before I go EV truck.

Not doin it, I just can’t let my 2011 go just yet. To many good memories, thing has been flawless and not enough change in the 2020 to support another hefty monthly nut. And I just don’t love the white as much as I do the black….for these reasons “I’m out!”
Strange how attached I am to this stupid thing…..

Not doin it, I just can’t let my 2011 go just yet. To many good memories, thing has been flawless and not enough change in the 2020 to support another hefty monthly nut. And I just don’t love the white as much as I do the black….for these reasons “I’m out!”
Strange how attached I am to this stupid thing…..
It sounds you thought it through and made a great decision for you. It's always appealing to jump to the new shiny thing, but things rarely bring true happiness. Your black rig looks great and it sounds like you love it. Well played.

Historically speaking, people continued to use items that “still work” because hard times were around the corner and no need to waste effort and/or money on replacement when current is perfectly functional. Good job resisting temptation. It seems like a lost art. Now if you’ll excuse me I’ve got to go try and do the same about these juicy looking vector 5s.

Historically speaking, people continued to use items that “still work” because hard times were around the corner and no need to waste effort and/or money on replacement when current is perfectly functional. Good job resisting temptation. It seems like a lost art. Now if you’ll excuse me I’ve got to go try and do the same about these juicy looking vector 5s.
Ya know to be honest, younger me would have said “ahhh screw it, just upgrade” it seems as I’m getting older all that type of thinking has faded away. Not sure what happened on the way, but I think I may of just hit maturity age….🤦🏻

I’d daily drive the new one and turn the current into a dedicated camping vehicle. All of the driving aids and conveniences for normal use; keep the cool box for big road trip outings. These may very well be your last cars, but are almost certainly your last combustion cars. YOLO, as the kids say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom