I Love the Junk Yard

calfj60

Just have to share my happy junkyard trip...Got up this mornig early and headed off to the junk yard hoping to find a 203 so I could grab the low gear I was missing in my doubler....Now I don't know about the rest of the country...but here in Socal...don't see to many of them...so there I was at the firsy yard and there wasn't even a 4wd chevy in the whole yard...left there and went to yard number two...I walked through the yard looking for a chevy truck and as I turned the corner there it was a K% blazer and to make it even better there were two guys pullingt the tranny as I walked up...They were after the tranny and said I could have the t-case when they were done pulling it...Gave them a had and they even said I could have the adapter which I grabbed just in case as a spare...so I break down the 203 right there and take the output shaft and gear with me...Get up front and guess what??? Half price day....So I get the out put, the adapter and some other misc crap I grabed through out my trip and leave fo $45 bucks....Happy days...Just had to share...

I love days like that. My best was went to the local pick-n-pull and found a Dana 60 HD rear for $25. I was stoked.

Now to find a D60 front for the same deal. :doh: :D

Top Bottom