1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love my local Dealer

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by dmc, Aug 3, 2005.

1. dmc

dmc

Media:
    Albums:
    No, that is not sarcasm. I feel bad for everyone that has crappy local parts guys. I been working with the local parts guy trying to find some non-usa black alloy rims for my 80. Yeah, I know that's wierd so don't ask.

Anyway he was on his way home the other night and saw an 80 with black "Toyota" rims on it. He actually followed the guy until he stopped to ask him about them. I guess the guy owns a paint shop and had just painted his stock rims and center caps. So not only does this dealer (Menlove in Bountiful Utah) sponsor our club but the parts guy is willing to take his personal time to look out for club members.

I just thought I'd share my good fortune this morning.
    dmc

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    few years ago when our fj62 was stolen, it was my Toyota parts guy(Al at Titus Will Toyota) who found it on his way home, he called me and the cops and blocked the 62 untill we showed up........now thats some damn good service :)

oh and he one of the best parts guys I have even met. He is also a very good freind :)

3. Jman

Jman

Not all dealers suck.

But mine does.

4. crushers

crushers post ho

i will say i have had great service from the local parts guys Dave and Lance at Stampede Toyota...
    just great guys and they know their stuff...
    cheers

5. 2badfjs

2badfjs

same here,
    joe borger, burt toyota, englewood colorado
    he has been a big help :cheers:

6. beno

beno Gihee Arakawa Moderator GOLD Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Bryan, Ryan and Keith at Don Joseph Toyota in Kent, OH.

They are good buds and they know their stuff.

7. 3pits

3pits

have not found a good one in GA,,, called a dealer I been buying parts from for 5 years, got a price, called cdan, atl dealer 125, cdan 93,,,,go figure

congrats

8. crushers

crushers post ho

for me, dealer list $135, my cost $100, 4wheel $90 plus shipping...
    for me i might as well buy dealer.

9. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

You love your local dealer. Good for You!. Your local dealer is called "Menlove"???? NTTIAWWT!

Can't believe that this thread went that long without someone catching the "irony"!!

10. 2badfjs

2badfjs

NTTIAWWT!

please explain? :confused:
    long version please

11. Biff

Biff

:eek: just noticed the name. How much love do you have for this guy exactly. :D

seriously though, my local dealer completely sucks. They mark up everything, and have no concept of customer service.

12. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    OK, as long as we're brown nosing dealers.....
    Molle Toyota in Kansas City. Best parts guys around. They'll look, check ask, and still give me CDan prices. Certainly no offense to CDan.
    They've even been known to host, cook and party.
    Just lucky to live in the Heartland.

Ed

"Menlove?" I thought Manlove was baad.

13. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Last time I walked into my local dealership, I was greeted by a different service manager. Not sure I like the fella .. nothing personal, but when you lose a 15 yr connection with your manager, a few little perks go down the drain as well .. I'm hoping that Rick was just out on vacation...

:cheers:

14. krzyabncanuck

krzyabncanuck USFS HOTSHOT

If I walk in mine and ask for a part for my 40 / 60 they look at me like i am on drugs . Even when i tell them it is a cruiser.

Must be nice for you all.

15. DSRTRDR

DSRTRDR I can mangle anything ... SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Same experience here: parts guy befuddled, sales guys on the lot had a cow when they saw me driving around among their shiny new cars in what surely appeared to be a dinosaur to them. Good fun.

16. reffug

reffug

I think my opinion of my locals is well known. :flipoff2:

17. incogrhino

incogrhino

I like my old parts guy, and now the new is cool too.I guess I'm lucky.

18. Hawke

Hawke

I haven't had my HJ60 for long but I've made 3 trips the the only Toyota parts dealer in this area. They're a large dealer and obviously are doing well. I went in instead of phoning them because it's better to talk face-to-face if the vehicle is new to them (jdm). I've asked them about a headlight replacement bulb, a factory roof rack, a factory trailer hitch and other parts availability. Every time it's been a different parts guy and every time the reaction is the same; it seems like they step back from the counter afraid they might catch leprosy from me. "Oh, no. You won't be able to find parts for that." "Everything is completely different. Good luck finding parts." "No, we haven't been able to get that stuff since the mid 80s." Each of these statements was made without looking at a book or computer or even hinting they might look around for me. The first guy was trying to make me feel guilty for bringing an import in. I politely told him "If you can sell me one (edit: clarification that I asked for a diesel Cruiser) I'll go to my friendly banker and be back in 40 minutes with a cheque." Nothing. A blank stare.

What gives with this? I don't expect them to have the parts at their finger tips but it would be nice if they showed a bit of interest in tracking them down. I'm not even trying to chisel them for prices. This is the same dealership that had a 60 on their lot a few years ago with a 4 cylinder diesel, no power steering, no nothing, high mileage, for $10,000.00 firm.

What a bunch of dicks. Ask me how often I'll go back.

I guess I should phone Ens Industrial but I didn't expect they would have much to do with 60 series trucks.

I'm pissed off. Try to stay OEM and you get these idiots.

19. surfpig

surfpig The Anti-Tech

I haven't found that mythical Toyota dealer yet in my neighborhood... The one I go to seems to be able to get whatever I want, but it's always a day or two ordering process... I had a Datsun Roadster for awhile, and the local Nissan parts guy had a lot of off-the-shelf parts and began recognising me after awhile and would say, "Hey we got such-and-such laying around, I'll sell it to you cheap..." That worked out nicely, and their Master Mechanic liked restoring and making race cars out of them (300sx motors stuffed into 'em), and was the only one that seemed to actually like working on them, so I always trusted him. People like that are few and far between, though, lately.

20. Stumper

Stumper

I will 2nd that for Menlove....He is one of the most kickass guys in the business. Dont know how many times he has taken the time to look things up for me, have the runner deliver the parts to my work for me, and be willing to go the double extra mile. He knows cruiser part numbers off the top of his head going back the early 70's parts. I cant beat his prices if I tried.
    One of the best.
    I am done e-shmoozing him.

Russ