I know this is a repost... but... the guy swears (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.showmerents.com
that he has a diff lock button... a push button on his 91 cruiser.

This would only be available if it was put on after correct???

thanks in advance... I'm going to look at this 300,000 mile truck this week.

What is this? is it just 4x4.. not diff lock? or? Im dazed..

Arya Ebrahimi said:
The FJ80's had the center diff lock button standard. The guy is not lieing to you, it's just a miscommunication.

Hmmm, I looked this morning and mine was still there...

Rich J

The center diff lock button is not the same as locking front and rear differentials.

lol... thanks

From what I hear.. the lockers came into being in 93.

I wonder, is $2700 for a 91 cruizer worth it.. with 289,000 miles.... If it had lockers, yes, without.. in ok condition? I dont know... any opinions on what this truck would be worth?

That's getting long in the tooth. I would probably be pretty wary about one with that many miles, unless I had put them on. No doubt it could have many miles left in it, if well cared for. $2700 is pretty cheap for any cruiser, depends why you want it and if it is worth it to you.

Center diff lock is standard on all 80s there was a button for 91-92, 93+ automatically engage when you shift to 4lo. FR/RR diff lock optional on 93+.

Mikesta said:
lol... thanks

I wonder, is $2700 for a 91 cruizer worth it.. with 289,000 miles.... If it had lockers, yes, without.. in ok condition? I dont know... any opinions on what this truck would be worth?
For $300 more you can buy one near Sacramento, CA -- with 80k fewer miles.

Arya Ebrahimi said:
I used the past tense because they were produced in the past. If it were a current production model I would have used the present tense. ;)

I know, just getting a dig in for us 91 & 92 outcasts :doh:

Rich

Mikesta said:
lol... thanks

Sounds like the perfect rig for a V8/diesel swap and portal axles! ;)

LR_RESQ said:
Sounds like the perfect rig for a V8/diesel swap and portal axles! ;)

Sounds like the perfect rig to keep the 3fe with and swap and H55F into! ;)

I am with Firetruck on this one...I'd be weary unless those miles were mine.

But the 91/91 80s ALSO automatically have the center diff locked upon entry into 4L.

To clarify ALL 80s are a Full Time 4WD-this means that for on road manners they have a center differential providing split power to f&r axles sometimes power sometimes not.

91/91 models came off the line with the center differential lock button-essentially providing 100% power to f&r axles at all times when engaged. The 93+ 80 series-I do not believe, had this switch off the boat (though some non-US do)-but all that is needed is the switch and you may engage/dissengae the center differential independant of H or L 4WD range for the 93-97.

However the axle differential locks were not a US option on the 91/92 models, I believe-and were not available as a option until 93-97.

Then the rear axle locker was offered in the 100 series between 98 & 99 in the US models. 2000 US 100 series switched to a limited slip rear differential with the VSC. But they do have the center differential select switch off the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom