>>> I know this has probably been beat to death, but .... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I decided on the OME stock height springs kit from Cruiser outfitters. But am thinking adding a 1" spacer all four corners , then a 10mm on top of the fronts to level it out ( No stink bug, thank you , Rakes are for muscle cars, not yotas )... so I assume I'd have a 1.75" lift ? I also assume there'd be no caster correction still ? so can I put the 10mm on top of the 1" in the front without ill effects ? Also I keep hearing ( or reading ) about "L" shocks ? I also hear the nitrocharger shocks are "harsh" ?

and no I don't want the 2.5" lift... just stock with a lil extra ...

Your thoughts ? Thanks !

Yea do it. You'll be fine.

I run OME heavies in front and stock in back. Sits flat but looks like its low in the back due to the fender openings.

L shocks are for long travel and a big lift such as J springs. i would consider a different shock personally. if you want just a little lift and are going to do spacers anyways just go with some daystar 1.5 rear spacers and metaltech 2s in the front. much cheaper.

L shocks are for long travel and a big lift such as J springs. i would consider a different shock personally. if you want just a little lift and are going to do spacers anyways just go with some daystar 1.5 rear spacers and metaltech 2s in the front. much cheaper.

My springs are shot , but I'll look into those spacers....

My springs are shot , but I'll look into those spacers....

good reason then. also note that the OME factory springs give about 1 inch of lift so if you are on worn out springs you will sit about 2 inches higher than you do now.

you can kinda see the sag in this pic ...

North%20Coast%20trip%20April%202016%20057_zps7l0mafb4.jpg

You will probably be happy with just the OME stock replacement Springs if that is your point of reference.

yeah I don't care about lifts... had 3 other lifted trucks , and their nothing but problems chasing down the next fix ; lift, then bigger tires, then regear, then lockers, then marlin tcase, then yada yada yada... been there done that .... just want stock height or near stock height and better handeling... and no more boing, boing, boing ... ya know ... lx has 170k on the original springs and it's due.... now finding a place that sell the stock height kit thats the most reputable and you can just click and order would be great , both cruiser outfitters and slee , thats not the case ...

I also laugh when I see all the extra weight guys on here put on their cruisers, heavy as $hit bumpers, racks, etc.... I'm all about less weight ( Power to weight ) ... took out the 3rd row seats yesterday and may take out the second row too... just extra weight I don't need.... I will do sliders and maybe tcase protection , buts thats it

Last edited:
yeah thats lite ! sweet ! ... but I won't be making a convertible ... and thats got some serious "Stink" ! ... thats some rake right there ... ;)

so I assume thats in the process of becoming a truck ? ... you gonna bob it ?, I assume enclose the cab ? You could cut out the rear door section , shorten the frame and have a LC 80 thats the length of a Zuke ! :)

Last edited:
image.jpeg
hit up boss hog. we just put stock height omes on his 80 with m-a-f spacers and new ome shocks. looks great and he's loving the ride. he's running 33" iirc coopers and it's a perfect height now.

View attachment 1241037 hit up boss hog. we just put stock height omes on his 80 with m-a-f spacers and new ome shocks. looks great and he's loving the ride. he's running 33" iirc coopers and it's a perfect height now.

That's great. What bumper is that? Homemade with HF winch plate?

yeah thats lite ! sweet ! ... but I won't be making a convertible ... and thats got some serious "Stink" ! ... thats some rake right there ... ;)

so I assume thats in the process of becoming a truck ? ... you gonna bob it ?, I assume enclose the cab ? You could cut out the rear door section , shorten the frame and have a LC 80 thats the length of a Zuke ! :)

Yea... serious rake. So as not to clutter up this thread you can follow along over here:
Proper cup holders for Starbucks cups?

Yea... serious rake. So as not to clutter up this thread you can follow along over here:
Proper cup holders for Starbucks cups?

ha ... thats great ... so what color "Top" ya gonna get ? ... I say one of the insulated grey ones, they hold back the rain alot better than the blue ones... although I think they have insulated camo ones too ... so anti stink with some front spacers ? Windshield ? use a lexan or plastic one ... course your state may allow just the use of goggles and your good ! ha ... might wanna check on that ...

View attachment 1241037 hit up boss hog. we just put stock height omes on his 80 with m-a-f spacers and new ome shocks. looks great and he's loving the ride. he's running 33" iirc coopers and it's a perfect height now.
I've been seeing those thingy-ma-bobs on more and more roofs lately, what is it, a fishing pole holder?

That stance looks awesome, I think I'm gonna get some OME stockers to de-stinkbug my rear end.

ha ... thats great ... so what color "Top" ya gonna get ? ... I say one of the insulated grey ones, they hold back the rain alot better than the blue ones... although I think they have insulated camo ones too ... so anti stink with some front spacers ? Windshield ? use a lexan or plastic one ... course your state may allow just the use of goggles and your good ! ha ... might wanna check on that ...

Not sure on the top yet. Might even go nuts with an aluminum camper shell!

For the rake I'm gonna put stock springs out back and reevaluate. They are my favorite of all the current spring options.

Plan is to use stock windshield but that might change if I turn out to be worse than I think at "body work".

And I just made the goggle comment to someone the other day. It's always an option!!

I would just try a 30mm up front to start with on the 861 coil.
From pics the 861/862s don't stinkbug as bad as other OME lifts.
As far as the shocks if you are running light I would not recomend the OME L shocks. They are valved for the heavier loaded 80s.
From what I have read... I would go the @sbman route with the 10" FOX shock from Downsouth.

Last edited:
well I just this morning bought the low height kit with softer shocks ( he said ) and 20mm spacers for the fronts from cruiser outfitters ... hope to install soon

Do you know what the softer shocks are?
What length?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom