I just received the ARB rear bumper I ordered almost 4 months ago. I am a little stumped with the wiring of the lights. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jdfern

SILVER Star
Threads
It does appear to be made vey well. I am in the process of installing it right now on my 2003 100 series and I'm having trouble with the wiring. The ARB harness or "loom" was not plug and play for me. I did find a connector that the ARB would mate with on my truck, but that only had 1 wire and one out, there are five wire conductors on the ARB, so that's no good and couldn't find another (and I really looked) . I had an existing 4 pin connector trailer plug from a PO that always worked fine with my utility trailer, when I tried to connect to the source of that, I can't seem to separate the stop lights from the signals. After a lot of internet searching I think I need one of those 2 to 3 wire converters to separate the brake light like this. https://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Tekonsha/119178KIT.html . Before I go down that path I thought I would see if any one had the same issue or solution.
Thanks

You came to the same conclusion I did. I used this curt adapter curt 56196

i see most places are out of stock on the 100 series ARB front bumper, i wonder what the lead time is on those right now ? I am about to order one and get on the waiting list.
where did you order yours from?

You came to the same conclusion I did. I used this curt adapter curt 56196

I just put the curt 56196 in and it worked great. Thanks for the advice.

i see most places are out of stock on the 100 series ARB front bumper, i wonder what the lead time is on those right now ? I am about to order one and get on the waiting list.

I was quoted sometime around the end of May...give or take. There's an apparent order coming in from ARB sometime towards mid-May, but there's some big "builders" that take a huge amount of supply when it comes in. So I've been told that I should get in line and hope for the best! That's what I did.

For what it's worth, it's not just ARB and bumpers, but wheels, tires, and most everything else you could think about ordering. It's insane.

when I ordered from 4wp I want to say it was at my local store for pickup in 2 days

I ordered my front from 4wp and had it in a few days.

The factory tow connector under the vehicle uses a 4pin or 7pin. Both these connectors have combined brake and turn signals. The arb bumper has seperate brake and turn signals. The curt converter seperates the brake and turns signal through some electrical wizardry.

The factory tow connector under the vehicle uses a 4pin or 7pin. Both these connectors have combined brake and turn signals. The arb bumper has seperate brake and turn signals. The curt converter seperates the brake and turns signal through some electrical wizardry.
Can you link the converter you’re using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom