I just put a deposit on an LX450 sight unseen someone please tell me I have done thei (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well like the title says I just put my deposit on a LX450 that I have only seen In pictures, I have a lot of Information on the vehicle but I have never bought a vehicle this far away without being able to look at/drive the dog gone thing anyone want to give some encouraging words? Thanks In advance Worley:grinpimp:

It could be your dream truck.

Or it could simply be the single most retarded thing you have ever done. Case in point, I bought a 60 site unseen and was told MANY things that were outright lies as the story unfolds. So if you want to laugh your ass off and hope it doesn't parallel your own story, have a read:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/229660-new-fj60-world-come-share-my-pain.html

BTW I tried really hard at the beginning to not think the worst about people. Not anymore.

:lol:

Thread not going as planned, eh???

Worley, don't worry; you'll either have a great truck, or at least a bunch of good BS stories (like the two guys above me) once it's all said and done. And of course we're here to help regardless.

So where's the rig? Maybe someone here could go check it out, or is there no point now that you're committed?

Welcome!!

Curtis

It could be your dream truck.

Or it could simply be the single most retarded thing you have ever done. Case in point, I bought a 60 site unseen and was told MANY things that were outright lies as the story unfolds. So if you want to laugh your ass off and hope it doesn't parallel your own story, have a read:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/229660-new-fj60-world-come-share-my-pain.html

BTW I tried really hard at the beginning to not think the worst about people. Not anymore.

I still laugh every time I hear that story. It sounds like something I would do. ::bang: However still being able to laugh about it helps.

Good luck. Post up some pics once you pick her up. Should be fun either way.

link to the ad or some pictures would help.

hijack: I did that same thing on my Jeep Liberty CRD, but it had 8000 miles and factory records from the first day, and was an '05 (bought in '07) I had a decent time in that rig, good power, fantastic economy, but small and the monthly payment was a deal breaker.
hijack off.

oh yeah, :flipoff2:welcome!!

OK here is the skinny buying a one owner 96 LX450 In the Chicago area on consignment with 148,xxx miles for $6995.00. It has lockers no roofrack and seems to be In pretty good shape minus a couple of scrapes and dings even has a TOYOTA battery which I hope Is a sign of good care/service what do you think now?

...anyone want to give some encouraging words?

For what it's worth, I bought mine sight-unseen and it turned out to be a fine rig. The proof is in the cruiser pudding, however. You'll know soon enough....

Oh, and welcome to your new life :flipoff2:

Well like the title says I just put my deposit on a LX450 that I have only seen In pictures, I have a lot of Information on the vehicle but I have never bought a vehicle this far away without being able to look at/drive the dog gone thing anyone want to give some encouraging words? Thanks In advance Worley:grinpimp:

A deposit is what it is unless it is non-refundable which that wouldn't be cool of the current owner. Have someone go look at it and make a determination prior to flying out there. I did something similar but the gentleman I bought it from was willing to take a handshake that I would be back in a week to retrieve it. No money down and we all got what we wanted. So far I am happy with my decision.....:grinpimp:

I bought my 97 LX off ebay, had lots of pictures and flew from Phoenix to Denver and drove it home. No problems at all. You'll be alright as long as you asked alot of questions and have a ton of pictures.

I bought my first 80 off ebay sight unseen.

Had it delivered to my door in an enclosed trailer in Aspen from West Virginia.

Awesome rig. My wife smashed it into a concrete retaining wall, now I have the 80 in my sig line ROTW!:flipoff2:

Couldn't have worked out better...

Anything can be fixed, with the possible exception of rust.

I have done some deals like this, some good, some bad. I even put a contract down on a house sight unseen. I am still living in that home today. best decision I ever made.

Post us a link/ pics so we can help assess.

I drove from jackson ms to nashville tn to pick up my truck that i had only seen in pictures. I had my friend Clutchee go give it once over since he lives in that area, but hell i did not even test drive it. I just gave the man my money and drove the truck home. Maybe i just got lucky, but it has been an awesome truck. My dad always told me "A bought lesson is better than one thats given to you." So no matter the outcome...this will be something you might never forget. good luck !

:cheers:
:lol:

Thread not going as planned, eh???

Worley, don't worry; you'll either have a great truck, or at least a bunch of good BS stories (like the two guys above me) once it's all said and done. And of course we're here to help regardless.

So where's the rig? Maybe someone here could go check it out, or is there no point now that you're committed?

Welcome!! well it is in chicago

The toyota battery could be a good sign, and at least it was a one owner. I too bought my LX in the last 30 seconds of an Ebay auction. There were a lot of pictures posted and it was pretty dang clean in person. It had a few issues like cig ashes in the ash tray (the smoke smell is long gone now), it had the HG replaced by the dealer and it barely had any undercarriage rust spots for being an OH truck. I split the gas with a buddy who was heading from UT to KY and he dropped me off in Cincinnati. Drove her home and have been happy ever since. I maxed out my budget at the time, so I couldn't afford one with lockers. All of the ones that had them were a good 1500-2000 bucks more at the time.

Don't worry, it might be a dream truck. Positive thinking right? Whats done is done.

I bought a vehicle from Chicago a few years ago, I was told it was rust-free. Keep in mind I live in Texas. I flew in to pick up the vehicle and to me it was rusty. It wasn't bad as in body rot but the entire undercarraige was coated in a layer of rust. It was the hardest car I have ever tried to work on but fortunately it didn't need much work, the rest of it was as described and in their mind being in Chicago it was rust free so I guess it all depends upon what you have in mind.
I also just bought my Mercedes G350 diesel sight unseen and paid a pretty good amount of money for it, but it is one of only a handful in the states so I thought it was worth the risk, again it has turned out fine. The same can be said about Land Cruisers, they are fairly rare so sometimes you have to buy them that way.
I think you can tell alot by speaking with the seller several times and get a feel for what they say and how honest they seem to be.
Worked for me so far, hopefully same will go for you.
Good luck, keep us posted.
Rusty

hope it turns out well.

I bought an 80 off of ebay for $3000ish when we were in australia, the cruiser was i vegas but registered in california. And it hadnt been registered by the new owner so the title was still in the name of the previous owner, we then drove to the north end of the grand canyon, then all the way through to the olympic peninsula in oregon and imported into canada.

Other than the 3FE draining my wallet later down the road and some maintenance it worked out great, later i swapped in a SBC 350 and a 3" lift, only to have the better half park it in the middle of a acura after all the work was sorted, but we got $10K from insurance and bought another for 12K, only with a cummins and airbags.

So long story short, sometimes it works out great, otherwise try not to worry and just enjoy the experiences and lessons you have put yourself in!

Hey....You never know
I bought mine while here in Iraq. It was in Seattle.
(I did have someone on my side on the other end of the phone)
Wait to you see my baby....It is a dream come true. I have yet to see one better even for a few grand more. I got very lucky...
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom