I just got the deal of a lifetime (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just as many assumed. A great story...too bad it is isn’t true. Why would the PO add crappy aftermarket Bib lights on a ranch truck never driven on roads and what the heck is going on the with the tailgate? Not a pig owner but always love a good story...as long as it’s true

Last edited:
Just as many assumed. A great story...too bad it is not isn’t true. Why would the PO add crappy aftermarket Bib lights on a ranch truck never driven on roads and what the heck is going on the with the tailgate? Not a pig owner but always love a good story...as long as it’s true

Maybe just back up. We’ll find out more soon enough. This will play itself out well enough without jerky remarks.

That back door took some work for sure.

Maybe just back up. We’ll find out more soon enough. This will play itself out well enough without jerky remarks.
Fair enough. I understand that a ranch truck may have any number of required mods that were required due to a shortage of parts or based on necessity. After seeing pictures, the awesome story seems to be a lot less awesome.

I was expecting to show some “character” if it was truly used for years at a remote location, certainly not expecting a garage queen.

Look fw to seeing more once you get it in your hands!

Wow. Definitely looks like a ranch truck. Love the rear door. Theres nothing like the excitement of a new project no matter what, why, when or where. This pig has some character and looking forward to see the rest. Im sure there’s stories there that we wish we had been a party too.

We can be an obnoxious group some times (speaking only of myself of course) but the wealth of experience, information and assistance that is available here is staggering (specially during cocktail hour). Welcome to the show and tell enjoy the ride.:bounce::bounce2::bang::worms::bounce:

Yeah it has about 1 1/2 -2” body lift on it. Looks like most of the metal is still there. Giggiddy!!! Don’t chew your nails while you wait for delivery- you’ll need em for scraping off that primer coat!!!

@dogfishlake had success taking a bunch of primer off of his blue and white FJ-55. I’d read his thread

Wow, go expo camping for a week and all this happens. Lol. Everyone likes pics.
20200611_164221.jpg

So some of you would like me to impose on my brothers time to take the photos, then on my time to post those photos, just to satisfy the curiosity of a few folks whom I have never met, and likely will never meet, rather than waiting a couple of weeks when I can donate my time to proudly show my purchase. There is a word for this: It is "entitled."

I want to see this rig more than you do, but that does not give me the right to make demands of someone else's time, especially my brother.

This is exactly what we have in mind.

GRRR, delayed until the sixth of July. Transport brother has to get into the mountains and bring in four cords of wood, and the weather is not cooperating. That takes precedence over coming home and bringing my pig.

Yeah it has about 1 1/2 -2” body lift on it. Looks like most of the metal is still there. Giggiddy!!! Don’t chew your nails while you wait for delivery- you’ll need em for scraping off that primer coat!!!
It is a 2 " body lift. That was my brother's contribution when he flew it out. Also it is not a primer coat, it is bedliner. I just found that out. I think I am going to need more than my own fingernails to take that off. I am thinking about taking the tub off once more and taking it to a powder-coat shop and having it baked off, then powder-coated inside and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom