I just got my cooling system flushed and... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was told that there was some residue in the bottom of the radiator that looked like "Stop Leak". :crybaby: I guess I will be checking my overflow level on a regular basis now along with puddles in the driveway. Any other special precautions that I should take? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I was told that there was some residue in the bottom of the radiator that looked like "Stop Leak". :crybaby: I guess I will be checking my overflow level on a regular basis now along with puddles in the driveway. Any other special precautions that I should take? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Don't over think it. PO's add stop leak for anything from a leaky hose clamp to a weeping water pump to... you get the idea. Do keep a close eye on the overflow (as you should regardless). That said, it's highly unlikely that the stop leak was added to deal with anything serious like a blown HG, cracked head, etc. Curtis

Agree. In fact, I know of one very reputable mechanic who adds a stop leak type product to his client's engines after 70,000 miles on each flush.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom