I just found this place!! So glad ya'll made it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Austin, TX until 8/04 then Chicago, IL until 6/11
Howdy all. Been gone for a while. I was given a little pickup to drive while I attempted to find the time to get her running well. Sadly, no time cause schools kicking my ass.
Hope this club gets off the ground. I'll support ya'll in anyway my poor ass can.
Have a good one.

I miss Texas, it was warm there and the salt wasn't eating Eleanor,
Patrick

Welcome Patrick, So what needs to be done on the 60 to get her running well? There are a few of us that would be willing to help out if needed but you are most likly busy with school. Stay warm, Scott

You're back already? I thought you moved there for good!

Ali

Scott,
Eleanor is running ok, thanks to Rob, but she's hurting in places (EGR down pipe, vaccum tubes, etc...). She is drivable, but I only drive her when it snows or when I just get overcome with the need to drive her. I just need sometime to work on her and get the little things done to make sure she'll run for another 175K. Sadly, that is the one thing I lack, time. Hoefully I'll find a chunk in the next few months. Thanks for the offer to help.

Alia,
your thinking of my cruiserbrother, Patrick. He also moved from austin to chicago, owns a 60 and misses Texas. The only difference between us is that he got to move back sooner than I did. I'm stuck here for at least antother 2 and a half winters.
His ih8mud name is patride.
Ya'll have a good one,
Patrick

I think I may have a good condition EGR downpipe for ya. I'm heading out to Gumby's shop next week sometime so if I can find it, I'll leave it there for ya. Or come by and we can throw it on real quick. I don't have a new gasket for it though.

Rob

I'm going there on Thursday in the a.m. Probably be there most of the day, so if you can take off work, it'd be fun to meet up. Did you get the new piggy home yet?

I'm planning on doing my PHH and installing my block heater while I'm out there. Not sure what else...but I'm sure I'll find something. :)

Rob

Anyone is welcome to stop on by. I have hopes of either working on finishing the 40 or putting the passenger slider back on the 80, or maybe building overhang sliders for the pig.

Hopefully, i'm not doing major repairs to John's 80. I'm really hoping we can fix something easy today.

The addy is 440 w. aurora. The shop is on the back side of the school off of Hillside near West.

Look for the blue 60. The door to the shop is right next to it.

Newest Pig

Rob,

Yeah, I got the piggy home (wife has named it Arnold) via tow truck. Master brake cylinder was leaking between the the reseviors - then discovered that both front calipers were siezed. I also started replacing all the vacuum lines and doing little things and putting together a "parts" list. Tried driving it Saturday just to see how it would do/what needs immediate attention. Carb rebuild is #1 - it ran fine for about an hour until things really warmed up and all the seal/seats in the carb started to loosen up. I'm waiting for Jim C to get back to me on his lead time. Mean while Arnold is in storage.

Hope to see both you and Todd tomorrow.

Harry

Very cool. I'm on the second leg of a 48 hour shift, so hopefully by the time I get out of here in the a.m. and swing by the dealer to pick up a thermostat, I should be out there between 10-11am at the latest.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom