I just found out - headrest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSRTRDR

I can mangle anything ...
SILVER Star
Threads
Although the factory bench in my cruiser came without a headrest and from what I understand, the early '72 models never had one, the passenger seatback in the bench actually has a provision (two shafts in an angle bracket bolted to the seat frame) for accepting a headrest. Found that out after removing the seat back cover [original purpose was to just backfill a small hole in the seat cover]. I like the idea of upgrading passenger safety and now, I am looking for an OEM headrest, preferably blue or grey. Does anyone have one left over/for sale?

Yeah, I found that on my 9/70, too. Bought the headrests, even. Then, I never got around to putting them in and resold them. Too convenient to hop over the seat into the back.

Well, it's a good idea, Claudia.

iDave,

too bad you don't have the headrest anymore. I am thinking maybe they haven't changed that much and I can use one from another Toyota car from the junkyard (would you believe $OR charges $95 for a used one? That must have triggered the "buy-it-now" $100 price for what looks to be a ratty one on Ebay.). Anyway, with measurements, calipers and tape in hand, this maybe cause for my first run to "U-Pick" (went with my husband the other month, gotta see a whole new different world out there.........).

Yeah, the support rods have to be the right diameter and spacing.

Those I had had cracked vinyl. They make new vinyl covers for them. I actually have two of those left over.

The plastic holding tubes were still perfect. Everything looked as if it had never been touched, except this finding:

one of the tubes had neatly folded bubble gum foil stuck in it. Go figure. I just cannot see how something could get there by accident, this is under a seat covering. Maybe the seat covers were indeed replaced once a long time ago by that loving PO (there was one PO, must have been about 10 years ago, who did everything right to this truck; commendable - his work is what endears the truck to me - he built it to be a Moab-capable wheeler, but he did not skimp; I'd like to know that guy, he really knew what he was doing, even adjusted speedometer for larger tire size). I doubt someone snuck the wrapper in during original Toyota assembly (particularly since it had the same dimensions as a Wrigleys - but you never know.....). My husband says: Renegade japanese production crew.

Department of Homeland Security: is there a special test I should run on that wrapper?

Now, this is getting twisted, and the evening is getting late, good night. Claudia

so what years started having the headrests?

my 71 has the holes for the headrests, pretty sure they're there on drivers side and passenger.

anyone checked with C-dan to see if theyre still available?

not yet - I understand he is on vacation.

I haven't checked the driver's side, was planning on getting an aftermarket seat that is less mattress-like (meaning less bouncy) and provides more support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom