1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I it true that moderators and leaders sometimes encourage the group pile-ons?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Hawke, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawke

Hawke

I suggested earlier, and was roundly opposed, that leaders and moderators have openly encouraged the hyena pack to pile on a poster that maintains a different opinion than that of the herd.

I think my observation is correct and, in my humble opinion, that encouragement only reinforces the pack's tendency to go for the jugular.

In a recent smackdown post where TexasBadlands was shredded, to the glee of the pack, Romer indicated his pleasure witnessing the slaughter like this:

"Damn, I can't find the popcorn
    Ohh wait here it is . reffug, pass the beer
    "

This is in direct contradiction to an earlier post where he wrote:

"None of the moderators or "leaders" endorse bashing. in Chat. We kill it in tech. "

Romer is endorsing a public bashing. A weak moment by Romer perhaps?

How about this endorsement by Woody of a brutal thread piling on my sister and I? Remember I started this thread on a positive note with a commitment to start again without the crap, then the thread unfolded without comment from me.

"IMO, let them ride.....no point in cuttin someone's noose after they personally tied it..."

In other words, they deserve it, let them hang and you guys can beat them a bit longer.

Ladies and gentlemen, your hypocrisy is peeking out from behind your thin veneer of respectability.

Now you can all tell me how much of a baby I am etc. etc. I made my point. Can you debate it without being infantile?

2. AATLAS1X

AATLAS1X

3. GetsUThere

GetsUThere

4. turbocruiser

turbocruiser SILVER Star

Honestly, I try to be as basically polite as possible, but this is totally old, if you dont like it leave man, sheesh, stopyerbitchin all the time.

5. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

I will be the first to point how much Romer actually encouraged you to remain a member, and tried to stay positive in one of the threads.

It is one thing to defend yourself, but IMO when you take on a fight for others in some percieved vendetta, it actually hurts your position.

Sometimes people say or do things outside of the norm. That is their right, but at the same time it is the right of everyone else to point that out, as long as it is in a non-threatening kind of way...

I visited a forum this weekend I haven't been to in over 2 years. Mud is one of the most civilized forums out there, even in chat.

What you think you will gain by calling further attention to this issue, I have no idea....

In my opinion, you feel wounded, and attacked, when the reality is you took an unpopular stance, got berated for it, and will not let it die.

I have, as many others have, made statements that weren't the best thought out, and have taken a lot of heat for it...The difference? We saw the error of our ways, or the futility of continuing the stance, got over it and moved on.

It happens to everyone. Some can let it go.

So keep adding fuel to your self-consuming fire if you think that is going to help.

6. 2ndGenToyotaFan

2ndGenToyotaFan Ice-Bound Moderator

7. brian

brian SILVER Star

how is asking for the beer and popcorn transformed into "endorsing a public bashing"?

to me, that translates to "i'll be keeping an eye on this"

it's my understanding that, that is the way she likes it:confused: hey, there's nothing wrong with gangbang chics.:cheers:

yes i understand you're canadian, but grow a set already.
    your constant sniveling and whining has grown old long ago.

8. cruiser88

cruiser88

Media:
    Albums:
    this again i myself at one time was even saying more or less look over it.please god dont take anything personal on here .even if somebody calls you a lowlife good for nothing son of a bitch,mother flucker.not aiming that toward youjust a example.just last night i was giving somebody well all kinds of s***.he did not take it personal.hell he even ask me to join there club:D even though it would not stroke me:crybaby: :D .which really broke my heart.bottom line your a target now.dont take s*** to heart man just flip them off and move on:cheers:

9. Zimm

Zimm

yep. there was a pdl that went out from woody. bone hawke hard.

meanwhile, back in reality land, Hawke is surfing the club forums hoping to stir up s*** with people that left him alone long ago. i encourage everyone to read the whole thread, but his posts are on page 2.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=105539

at this point youve progressed from disgruntled former employee to HawkeMafiaTrollFuck. or HMTF, for short.

10. Relix

Relix

It this some sort of sexual ih8mud fetish I wasn't told about?

11. Hawke

Hawke

"Sometimes people say or do things outside of the norm. That is their right, but at the same time it is the right of everyone else to point that out, as long as it is in a non-threatening kind of way..."

Good point. This thread fits into that philosophy.

"I visited a forum this weekend I haven't been to in over 2 years. Mud is one of the most civilized forums out there, even in chat."

Perhaps this perceived civility depends on whether you follow the pack or take other positions.

"What you think you will gain by calling further attention to this issue, I have no idea...."

I suggest you may need someone from the outside to let you know how unhealthy this place can get.

"So keep adding fuel to your self-consuming fire if you think that is going to help."

I suppose my ego can be dashed the same as anyone else's but there's nothing you can post that will contribute to my self-consumption. Generally, (with exceptions) I'm fairly well-adjusted and have a healthy understanding of my limitations.

Most people you've beaten down just go away. I stick around because maybe one or two of you will realize I might have a point.

12. firetruck41

firetruck41

Do you ever post about anything else Hawke?

It's woody's board, he can do whatever the hell he wants, so far I like it, and most people on the board do as well. Why are you here if it is such a problem for you.

:rolleyes:

Romer's not a chat mod, but anyone should be able to say as much as the next guy whether he's a mod or not, until that sections moderator says different.

13. cruiser88

cruiser88

Media:
    Albums:
    trashing americans will not make you freinds either.keep that in mind also.you dont see me bashing canads do you:confused:

14. Zimm

Zimm

hawke. they have medication for paranoia. i suggest you look into it. everybody cant be out to get you, when i know they're out to get me.

15. AATLAS1X

AATLAS1X

:popcorn: is this to much? Some people just need directions to the tree.

16. cruiser88

cruiser88

Media:
    Albums:
    yes zimm i will get you:shotts: :D

17. Zimm

Zimm

thats not gay.... is it?

18. firetruck41

firetruck41

You're not an outsider, your a bitter insider who has been kicked out, and hardly an objective "voice calling from the wilderness".

Just face it, everybody doesn't fit in with every group out there. Find one you fit with.

19. CSA

CSA

The response to Texasbadlands' outrageous personal insults of Christo Slee and Yooper was richly deserved. Recall, for example, that Texasbadlands precipitated the the so-called "slaughter" you refer to by making, among others, the following statement after Christo and Yooper had the termerity to disagree with Texasbadlands' contention that the FJ Cruiser is a Land Cruiser:

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by yooper
    But he does know everything. That's his job.

I can tell you spend a lot of time under his counter by the way you go on about him. Didn't know you two had anything going on..."

20. cruiser88

cruiser88

Media:
    Albums:
    nooo just the first thing that came to mind.would you rather me use the whips and chains :D

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.