I installed Slee Offroad LX570 sliders, here's how it went (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did everyone just trash the OEM AHC bars after the install?
I stacked mine up in the shed, just in case, but more likely so that my kids can haul it to the dump after I'm gone. ;)

Hi Folks,

Resurrecting this thread with a couple questions. I purchased my LX with these sliders already on it, so I didn't do the install. Just thought I would ask before I go out in the garage and start tearing stuff apart. :hillbilly:

1) Does anybody have a pdf of the installation instructions handy? I know slee sometimes posts instructions to the website, but I don't see them.

2) Based on your installation experience, do you think it would be feasible to mount these maybe 1/2" further out from the body? I'm OK with some light fab (i.e. re-drilling holes, minor welding). If it comes to significant welding, I'd probably ditch the step and use the mounts to build something of my own design.

Please and thank you!

Hi Folks,

Resurrecting this thread with a couple questions. I purchased my LX with these sliders already on it, so I didn't do the install. Just thought I would ask before I go out in the garage and start tearing stuff apart. :hillbilly:

1) Does anybody have a pdf of the installation instructions handy? I know slee sometimes posts instructions to the website, but I don't see them.

2) Based on your installation experience, do you think it would be feasible to mount these maybe 1/2" further out from the body? I'm OK with some light fab (i.e. re-drilling holes, minor welding). If it comes to significant welding, I'd probably ditch the step and use the mounts to build something of my own design.

Please and thank you!

I would ask Slee as they have two generations of LX sliders (mine are first). You can tell the two generations apart based on the location of the laser-cut slee logo.

There is some adjustability up-and-down on the mounts to the frame and in-and-out adjustment between the step and the mounts.

The logo on mine is on the drivers front door footplate. Don't know if that makes them the newer ones or the older ones. Looking at how the arms attach, it appears the bigger middle arms are welded to the step, so I guess adjusting the step on the arms without moving the arms is out.

The logo on mine is on the drivers front door footplate. Don't know if that makes them the newer ones or the older ones. Looking at how the arms attach, it appears the bigger middle arms are welded to the step, so I guess adjusting the step on the arms without moving the arms is out.

Mine too

RmcY3Zu.jpg

There is some wiggle room here to slide it out but if you are looking for substantially more out you'd have to find a way to sleeve and stretch this piece I reckon.

Yeah, those are what mine look like. Thanks for the clarification :)

The gears are turning... Also thinking about maybe chopping them at the arm and weld up some Coastal Offroad weld-together tubes onto the slee arms.:hmm:

Would anyone happen to have the torque specs for the various bolts? I went with the factory 12lbs for all the 8mm bolts, since that is the spec for the bolts holding the factory AHC protector tubes on, but it seems a little light.

This is the technique I used for putting in the rivnuts w/o a special tool. I used a starlock washer between the rivnut and the oversized nut. Starts at about 2:05.

question for owners of the Slee slider steps.. How are they holding up to hits?
I'm asking bc of the 2 piece design brackets have me slightly worried.. also can you HiLift from them (or use a winch on the slider?)
Mine are slightly bent after sliding on a rock. Haven’t went under to see if it’s the mounting bracket or the actual slider yet

question for owners of the Slee slider steps.. How are they holding up to hits?
I'm asking bc of the 2 piece design brackets have me slightly worried.. also can you HiLift from them (or use a winch on the slider?)

Mine have been on since 2018 and still going strong. I've repainted them because the PC had started to fade.

You can hi-lift on them but they will flex and because there isn't a kickout it puts your hi-lift very close to the body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom