I have the opputunity to buy a 2002 Turbo Diesel Landcruiser but need some help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off I dont even know if this is in the right section of mud so Ill start where I usually hangout. Okay so I have a friend that's uncle builds vehicles for the US State Department. Well my friend called and asked if he knew anyone that would be interested in a Turbo Diesel Landcruiser. My friend called me and asked if I was interested. It turns out that it is a 2002 4 door Turbo Diesel right hand drive with under 2k miles and has been sitting for a while and I don't know what model it is. I can only buy the rolling chassis and front clip, (axles, trans,motor, frame) ect..because it is a armored State Department vehicle and will be chopped up. I am going to look at it this weekend. I know he said it cannot be titled.

Is it worth the looking into? Replacing my 3FE with Turbo Diesel would be sweet, but don't know what kind of work that would entail. Or even parting it out. What would something like this be worth? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Buy it, figure out how to use it, and share!

Price is relative unless u r looking to make a profit.

WOW, get it and run... FAST..

Either way you will have one unique rig states side

I know he said it cannot be titled.

I'd take a look at your local DMV guidelines/rules.
Maybe you can get away with putting it together and registering/title it as a "kit" car.

Out here in CA, if it's something like that, we just say it's a kit/custom car and were good to go. .... the diesel part might through it off depending on smog regulations, but thats how I would approach it.

There are various ways to get a "rolling chassis" registered, even in Kalifornia. I have seen some real .mil HMMWV's out there that were bought as parts, and resurrected from the dead.

If it is a 100 or 105 Diesel, go for it, and get your hands on as much as you can. Who knows, you could use the frame and running gear for a 70 series truck build, 40/45, or 80. Lots of possibilities. Definitely one to jump on if you have any chance.

As some have said the Diesel section should also have some helpful advice on getting the rig built, registered and the like.

:cheers:

Steve

Thanks for the info guys. I think I may re post in the diesel section and see what those guys say.

Thanks

You got the cash, take it and dash! :grinpimp:

If there is turbo, and its orginal, it is from a HDT100.
The engine is a powerfull 204hp 1HD-FTE, whit a electrical dieselpump. Some more work to make it fit, but its possible.

If the car is a 105, the engine is mutch easyer to fit in your 80. The turbo makes the 1HZ engine a little more powerfull than a orginal 1HD-(F)T diesel 80. The 105 is not usual, with a stiff front shaft.

Should be a 105. I worked for state dept for a number of years, right next to where we armor them up. I have posted pics of these somewhere around on the site.

Okay guys here are some pics. All I can buy is the motor and trans. Nothing else. Oh and it only has 2k kilometers not 2k miles:grinpimp:
DSCF2183.jpg
DSCF2186.jpg
DSCF2189.jpg

So let me get this straight. You have the opportunity to replace a 155hp 20 year old 3FE and A440F transmission with a brand new 205 HP turbo diesel and 5 speed. Hmmm...let me think a while about this. Cruise all day and night at 70MPH while getting 25 MPG in a 6000 pound truck.
Sounds like a pretty bad idea.

Wait, I just got a call from Obama... he said DO IT :D

Okay guys here are some pics. All I can buy is the motor and trans. Nothing else. Oh and it only has 2k kilometers not 2k miles:grinpimp:
This is a great combination, becouse this big engine is not usual with this great manual tranny.
If you don`t get the electrical wire suff with the engine, it`s a VERY difficult swamp job.
Be choure you get the electrical engine stuff, and the cluth stuff with the engine and tranny.

:cheers:As a tips it`s a great mod on 80`s, with the brake booster from the 100.

It`s looks like an 1. april joke, too good to bee true :rolleyes:

Run with it before they realize what they are doing (and what you are doing).

:lol:

HAHA gonna pick it up Tuesday:grinpimp: Anyone know what transfer case would be in this? Im gonna see if they will let me pull out the dash and get all of the wiring. So is this a HDJ100? It had VX on the back of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom