I have play on my front wheel when the car is up on lift!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My dad's 1998 LX470 driver side wheel has a little play side to side and not up and down when we put the truck up on a lift. At first I was certain that it's the wheel bearings, but upon closer examination, the movement is more in the steering rack. I'm wondering if there are bearings that can be replaced inside the steering rack, or is it necessary to replace the entire rack.
Can someone help please?

There are tie rods and bushings that have a small amount of play in them. There's a main bushing around the steering rack that can show wear too. Have you had the truck aligned to check if that's what's causing the uneven wear?

There are tie rods and bushings that have a small amount of play in them. There's a main bushing around the steering rack that can show wear too. Have you had the truck aligned to check if that's what's causing the uneven wear?

I havent got an aligment, because I was waiting to fix the problem and then I will change my tires and then get an aligment. Thanks I guess I will take it to an aligment shop that has a multiple or by the years aligment deals. Although, the tires just started to wear out after I noticed the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom