I have done a bad. Does anyone have vacuum diagrams for 2005-2006? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After many years of looking and wishing, an absurdly cheap 2006 100 series popped up out of nowhere and I snapped it up. It was missing both heads, but looked solid otherwise. Over the past few months I've been putting project Jigsaw back together and finally, after many months of shade tree mechanizing, started her up!

BUT something isn't right. It took three tries to fire, then ran fine for a few seconds. I chose to turn it off and go look to make sure nothing catastrophic had happened. Looked fine.

And it restarted, then suddenly acted like it was out of gas. It would start, stutter and then die. Then it finally decided not to start.

About this time I realized I had a coolant leak in the pipe that runs under under the intake (o ring wasn't sealing), so I pulled the intake to fix it and found oil in all of the intakes (pic 1)!

yikes!

Im hoping I have a vacuum line run wrong.

I think it's probably something to do with the lines running from the top of the power steering pump. Maybe they are backwards? Do they connect to above the throttle body? I had hoses that seemed to indicate they did, but cannot find any diagrams online or any pictures. Does anyone have pics of their 2005-2006 100 series with the cover off and from the front or the top of the power steering pump?

I'll be posting a bunch of pics when this thing works, just want to make sure it works before posting fake news that throws off someone using my work :/

longer hose of your red arrow goes to yellow circle.
shorter one goes to red circle, a nipple off the air box, bottom passenger side lower corner of the square box.
I'm replacing my fpr today, if you want some pics.
In this thread, page 6 post #115 on down has some info.
Scored a 06 LC (untouched Jewell restoration)

IMG_20170720_100413.jpg

If this rig has been sitting a long time you may have water in the gas tank. May be good idea to drain bottom of gas tank. I've not done this but you may be able to use fuel pump to drain bottom of tank by disconnecting fuel line. Fuel filter is easy point at which to disconnect and divert to a gas can with extra piece of hose.

Thanks for all the input. Appreciate the pictures Jerry. Do you have a picture of which side of the power steering attachment the two hoses go on? I think I have them on the correct sides (short one closest to the engine block, longest one away from it). Good thought on water, will try and pump it out tonight!

Thank you so much. I scoured the web looking for that exact image!

Also, that engine bay is a thing of beauty, I have aspirations to make mine look that tidy and clean.

The two hoses in the second picture of the original post with the two red arrows.... What are the names of both of those hoses? The longer one that runs the top of manifold/throttle body.. and the shorter one that runs to the bottom of square box. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom