1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have been to Cruiser "heaven"

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Mendocino, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Mendocino

Mendocino

I went to Dubai on Tuesday and Wednesday for a meeting and was stunned at the number of Land Cruisers: It was truly amazing. A colleague drove me around in his 4500 EFI and told me they go for about US$30K! I couldn't believe it as I have been looking into buying a new cruiser for ~$60K. I think its time to look into importation...

2. LandCruiserSteve

LandCruiserSteve

Okay. . . I'll bite. Where the heck is Dubai?? :confused:

3. Red Herring

Red Herring

Media:
    Albums:
    South/South east of Iraq, on the Arabian peninsula, on the Persian gulf. Part of the United Arab Emerates.

4. FLFJ40

FLFJ40

Dubai is beautiful city, the cleanest and most polite foreign city I have ever been to.

5. LX_TREME

LX_TREME

Also correct me if im wrong UAE got one the highest foreign currency rates/exchange compare to other countries.

6. clemson55

clemson55

I think dubai is also one of the richest per capita cities too isn't it. And that badass hotel on the island is there too I think.

7. JimmyK

JimmyK

yes and yes..

The cool thing to have in dubai is a license plate with small numbers IE a double digit license plate like 99 is worth $$. We saw a covertible 360 ferrari with 666 written on the plate, we asked the guy how much the car was for he said "less zen zee plaaates", I was totally shocked but my friend said the plates probably cost twice as much as the car because 666 is a wicked number to have.

8. JimmyK

JimmyK

might as well show this too , and they did this with plenty of cruisers as well

http://jjkhan.com/Random/sideways.wmv

That of course is a Patrol, so its just as big as an LC80/lc100

9. Mendocino

Mendocino

The Badass hotel is the one that looks like a sail, and its cheapest room is $8K per night. Here is a link http://www.burj-al-arab.com/.

10. Razor

Razor

and I thought it was in loveland colorado......

[​IMG]

11. JimmyK

JimmyK

Bad ass it is but the price per room is a bit off. You may be thinking of Riyals, my folks spent sometime there and I think it was $1500 a night maybe or a $1000.

12. LabRat11

LabRat11

They're also building ANOTHER set of artifical private islands - this one called the world - http://www.theworld.ae/ - prices rumored to start at $10M. Rod Stewart rumored to have rights to England for $50M

Hey - LandPimp - your thoughts???

13. YV FJs

YV FJs

Dubai is all about Land Cruisers 80s and 100 and Patrols Super Safaris... you can get the 100 series with diesel or td, V8 or 4.5 inline 6. The 80, either in diesel or 4.5 inline 6. Most of waht I found over there where V8s... Guys like the power of the V8 for the sand dunes.

Mendocino, if you go there again, try to get a day of, get a rental and drive north (north-east) into Oman (about $50 per person for a 1 day visa), go through Hanah and other towns until you get to the norther tip of Oman. At that point you start going up the mountain (from sea level to 1900 mts in 20 minutes). There you'll find a place they call stair way to heaven... amaizing

To come back, if you stay on the same road, you'll get to Diba (back to sea level). On the way bacj to Dubai-Sharjah, you can hit the dunes and or the pools.

One full day of off-roading you won't forget.

J

14. incogrhino

incogrhino

tweet.........I'm going to go practice that move right now. j/k

15. mot

mot

Dubai is also the place where a lot (most) of stolen Land Cruisers from Japan go to, before being shipped out elsewhere in the world.

Still, seems like a pretty nice place to visit. :)