I have arrived!!!! Finally! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought a 2003 Land Cruiser with 44,000 miles, 1 owner, clean CARFAX, today. It's white with tan interior (is that "stone" in Toyota terms?). I would say its in good (not perfect) condition. I'm still learning the "ropes" on the controls of the vehicle, but seems like its in working order.

THE GOOD
  • I would say low miles
  • one owner
  • looks excellent from a few feet away
  • good tire tread (don't even know what kind, been a long day)
  • rides very smooth.
THE NOT SO GOOD
  • back seat belt and seat belt connector chewed up.
  • There are a few stains on carpet. Not sure what - coffee maybe?
  • Small tear in vinyl (?) map/storage pocket on driver's door.
  • Scratch, worn out line on top of wood grain drink cup holder lid. It seems to be worn in, like a groove.
  • There are a couple of dings that I think a dent doctor could fix. No chipped paint.
  • Small chip mark on gray molding on the exterior driver door.
  • The key doesn't seem to want to work the unlock/lock function...is the battery replacable? There is a phillips head screw in the back of the key.
The NOT SO GOOD sounds like a lot...but I am being picky....I think, generally, the truck looks very good.

Any tips on how to fix the NOT SO GOOD?

I'm also interested in some rubber floor mats and cargo mat. Do any of yall have those....what are your thoughts?

Thanks guys!!! I'm psyched!:bounce:

And Here's to Missisipboy :cheers:, who sent me info on the truck! I owe you a cold one!

back seat belt and seat belt connector chewed up.

There was someone on this board whose dog chewed his back seat belt up a few months ago

There are a few stains on carpet. Not sure what - coffee maybe?

Probably dog poo

Small tear in vinyl (?) map/storage pocket on driver's door.

Dog again?

Scratch, worn out line on top of wood grain drink cup holder lid. It seems to be worn in, like a groove.

From the dog again

Watch out for dogs

Yes I spoke with the previous owner....the seat belt was attacked by their puppy. Possibly the seat belt, too. :eek:

As for the rest, not sure they are dog related. :idea:

However, I expect that the "dog days" of this truck aren't over, as I have two. I just hope that there are no bad dogs, mechanically or electrically speaking! :censor:

Congrats on the new truck! Sounds like a good rig with a few minor cosmetic issues. Here's my opinion on your not so good:

You should be able to get seat belt parts from Cdan.

Carpet stains? Throw some nice Weathertech or Catch-All mats over them and call it good!

Scratch in the wood grain...may people remove all the wood grain from the truck, but I've seen replacement kits all over Ebay.

Chip mark on the outside door molding...a number of people have painted their trim on Mud lately. Otherwise you can buy a new piece. Just an FYI, it seems as though the center section of the trim develops spots over time?

As far as the key, yes there is a small phillips on the back and another one once you get inside. A new battery will make all the difference in the world. Changed mine a while back.

Pint, Thanks for the well wishes and advice!!! I need to get in touch with Cdan on the seat belt issues.

Any ideas on sources for the quality rubber mats, batteries, and trim paint?

I hate to bug you (and everyone), but I'm very new here! :meh:

It is pouring rain here in Memphis.....but I'm dying to start tackling the clean up job. If my garage wasn't dirty and full of ****, I would be on it now!!! :steer:

Thanks a million!

Nice avatar, too!! :beer:

Got a new battery at Batteries Plus or something like that. Works FINE now! I also picked up a bunch of cleaning products at AutoZone. Stay tuned!

Back to the Memphis vs. Texas game...

This may a bit radical for many, but I just painted my trim with Dupli-Color truck bed coating. It was getting all beat up and faded. Here is a picture.
IMG_1018.JPG

The line on the console lid is common, friend of mine mentioned that there was a TSB or something to remove the wood trim to avoid that. And I've got the same thing with the vinyl around my door, peeling up just a little. Sounds like a nice truck, congrats.

Yes you have, but TTIUWP! :flipoff2::flipoff2:

First Mod....well, I've got to have Sirius in my truck.....from my research on the board, I couldn't find a way to get it to sync into the nav w/o having an external sirius unit. First I am going to have it professionally detailed and see what it looks like from there.

I've heard Bilsteen shocks are nice, and I'd like some heavy duty rubber mats.

What is TTIWUP?

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PIX...
:flipoff2:

Don't mean to get too much off topic but I've heard since the merger between XM and Sirius, receivers may experience compatibility issues, once the companies fully merge. Don't know a whole heck of a lot about this. Anyone have anymore insight here?

There's been talk of a 'merger' for almost 2 years. I like the Sirius channels a LOT more than XM, so I'm going with Sirius.

There's been talk of a 'merger' for almost 2 years. I like the Sirius channels a LOT more than XM, so I'm going with Sirius.

True, but I'm referring to the more recent news as of 24 Mar 08, that the Justice Dept. has just endorsed the merger, and the FCC is soon to follow. I know a lot of current users who are worried what the outcome would be in regards to their current units.
If nothing happens, then good. Just something I thought would be helpful to throw out since Sowbug2000 was looking to have Sirius installed.:flipoff2:

I had not heard that the merger was finally "approved." Thanks for the info. I need to do some research to get the best setup possible. From what I've read, you can't set up an '03 TLC to integrate Sirius into the nav-touch screen. If that means I will need an add-on Sirius player, I need to consider the best way to have it set up where wires/antenna and player are consealed the best way possible and still be functional for use.

Any thoughts?

Haven't posted pics before....but here is a link that might still work....:hillbilly:

eBay Motors: Toyota : Land Cruiser (item 200209094271 end time Mar-26-08 08:00:47 PDT)

Flaws aren't so visible here....except for seatbelt.

I saw this one on eBay...looks good from here ;). Congratulations and welcome. You will really enjoy your new LC. If you do not intend to lift your LC the Bilstein's are your best choice based upon the feedback from many on this site. FYI: Billies are not generally available stateside for 100/470 series lifted rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom