I have a problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didn’t Navy Dive Doc just buy that???
Indeed, I did. Owned it just long enough to drive it over to my house and get those plates (yes, I kept one). After buying it, the price of my barn to store old cruisers came back, just a BIT elevated from the original discussion. Once the barn cost exceeded $300k, I took a long look at whether I needed more storage or needed less vehicles. If you've followed any of my threads, you'll know I threatened publicly many times to consolidate. This time, I said nothing and just got after it. Sold my 61 FJ40, sold my 100 series, sold a Miata at my other house. And now this old gal. I offered her to @bobm first...he's right up the road. He passed. I knew @Pigeaten was hot for the 68. He passed along a great price on Chuck to me last summer, so I returned the favor. I filled the back with almost every part I had collected to make her whole, and Don made me whole on what I had in it. I know he'll take good care of her. :cheers:

i-dnMxPLJ-L.jpg

i-6skNbw6-L.jpg

Indeed, I did. Owned it just long enough to drive it over to my house and get those plates (yes, I kept one). After buying it, the price of my barn to store old cruisers came back, just a BIT elevated from the original discussion. Once the barn cost exceeded $300k, I took a long look at whether I needed more storage or needed less vehicles. If you've followed any of my threads, you'll know I threatened publicly many times to consolidate. This time, I said nothing and just got after it. Sold my 61 FJ40, sold my 100 series, sold a Miata at my other house. And now this old gal. I offered her to @bobm first...he's right up the road. He passed. I knew @Pigeaten was hot for the 68. He passed along a great price on Chuck to me last summer, so I returned the favor. I filled the back with almost every part I had collected to make her whole, and Don made me whole on what I had in it. I know he'll take good care of her. :cheers:

i-dnMxPLJ-L.jpg

i-6skNbw6-L.jpg
Tough descision, good on you to send it where it’ll be loved.

Uugghhh hate to hear cost of barn ended up being that much. I am in process of having barn drawn up at farm in Oklahoma primarily for storing/restoring the cruisers. The increased cost has scared me some recently but 3 days ago my dear friend and retired FF who is going to be my GC had a cardiac arrest in night. Still with us but critically ill for sure. Healthiest guy I know and probably only guy who could fit in his flight suit 25 years later when we were both paramedics on the heli...

That does look like a beautiful rig, I can confidently say the 55's have been my favorite cruisers and I have been fortunate to own a few.

Back to my problem- does anyone know if these hubcaps are correct for a 1969? i like them, but want this pig to stay pure,kinda

update, got this pig(no name yet) to Valley Hybrids, used the 60 parts for new disc brake front end(will send tool back Steve) rebuilt carb next, had to get some later model rims to clear calipers, tires also, sits a little ass heavy, so going to try some new shackles before going hog wild.

IMG_3466.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom