I have a FJ 40 and want to take the top off but the seatlbelts are attached to the top?

3_puppies

SILVER Star

is it both the upper mount and the retractor?
if it is just the upper mount you can use the lower bolt on the rollbar clamp, that is how the 79+ are setup.
for the retractor, a small plate can be welded to the lower part of the rollbar, again similar to the 79+

is it both the upper mount and the retractor?
if it is just the upper mount you can use the lower bolt on the rollbar clamp, that is how the 79+ are setup.
for the retractor, a small plate can be welded to the lower part of the rollbar, again similar to the 79+
It’s a 1977

3_puppies

SILVER Star

US spec 1977 would have come with a rollbar, so is this a south American or central American rig?

how about a few pics of the inside?

There is no roll bar in European spec 40s. In the type approval documents is said to use lap belts when the roof is removed.

I took a clamp from a chain link fence and put it around my after market roll bar and hooked the shoulder part to that.
My cruiser is a 1970 so only had lap belts.
The clamps have been tested and worked.

CCOT has replacement belts with the bracket like @GA Architect pictures. That is what I have, as I didnt really trust the 40 year old belts.

and I really like the buckles as they stay upright and easy to latch with a Tuffy center console. No digging for the buckle.

CCOT has replacement belts with the bracket like @GA Architect pictures. That is what I have, as I didnt really trust the 40 year old belts.

same

Top Bottom