I have a dream (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wish Toyota had the same dream. Instead they want me to buy a butt ass ugly, mall crawling, POS poseur of a "truck".

My dream:

2002fzj713ao.jpg

Last edited:
I'm with you on the dream.

Move to Canada, eh and make it a reality!

Image a BJ71 with a 13B-T direct inject turbo diesel. The only draw back is RHD.

My dream can even be retro, if thats what the asshats at Toyota want:

VID_PX10-big.jpg

Your dream could become a reality if it meets DOT standards...which soon (I think) will mean side impact airbags (already have to have the front ones ofcourse). Can get over some set mpg, or you have to have all buyers pay a gas-guzzler tax. Has a indash 6-disc CD changer, which will play MP3s, also built-in satellite radio...can be classifieded as a LEV (Low Emission Vehicle) or ULEV (Ultra...) like most (or all) Hondas are. Also will have to automatically monitor tire air pressure (isn't is 2006 that all new vehicles have to have a in-dash warning if air pressure is low?). Can't tip over on the toughest training of sliding all around on dry pavement. Must have built-in LATCH connections for carseats. Also to be realistic, must have a DVD player with 1 or 2 screens, wireless headphones, heated front (and rear just to be different) seats, and air conditioned front seats. Be very quiet while driving, have satellite navigation, built-in cellphone, some version of a On-Star type system (Lexus has their own I know).

Once you get all that in, the vehicle will cost $45K-$60K which is exactly why Toyota's cost what they do now...sigh...

I like that 70-series though...and seeing the new vehicles and what the government requires, it makes the older ones even more special...

rustycruiser said:
My dream can even be retro, if thats what the asshats at Toyota want:

VID_PX10-big.jpg

I agree, I have same dream..

Is this a custom or something??? Never seen a 70 series that looked like that..

I have a dream too, why not look for some rich cruiserhead who is willing to import a 70 series and have it go thru the crash tests, safety inspection, etc. and have that person be a pioneer and a hero to us all by making it possible to make it legal to import a 70 or 105 series cruisers. Kinda like the Geladewagen place in New Mexico that use to import G-wagens before Mercedes started selling them in the USA. Did you guys know that Robin Williams is a cruiserhead? I know he used to own a 40 series, 80 series and currently owns a 100 series. Back to reality.

I also have a dream :D
73579962.jpg

73579960.jpg

I believe that is actaully happening or is gonna happen :)

Terrax said:
I have a dream too, why not look for some rich cruiserhead who is willing to import a 70 series and have it go thru the crash tests, safety inspection, etc. and have that person be a pioneer and a hero to us all by making it possible to make it legal to import a 70 or 105 series cruisers. Kinda like the Geladewagen place in New Mexico that use to import G-wagens before Mercedes started selling them in the USA. Did you guys know that Robin Williams is a cruiserhead? I know he used to own a 40 series, 80 series and currently owns a 100 series. Back to reality.

Well if anyone is going to lead the way, it should be you Landpimp....

not me, wish I could but I cant.

madams557 said:
Well if anyone is going to lead the way, it should be you Landpimp....

ah come on..

Please, pretty please....

It would make you feeeeeelllllll ggoooooddddd!!!!!

Give it up Pimpster. If that is happening then we should know about it so that we can all be ready to move on our own 70 series when the time is right.

TB

Someones been awlfully quite....seems rather suspicous if you ask me.

not me for sure. But its suppose to be happening.

might be worth a read thru the International forum, say a few months back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom