I H8Wiring- help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I am fixing wiring gremlins and had a question about the FSM Electrical Wiring diagram. On the top, is shows several lines with letters. What is the meaning of the letters?

I ask because I ran into a weird situation today..I was fixing a connection in the passenger kick panel where the wiring was done inappropriately and needed a repair (it was flickering). I carefully labeled the wires, took out the offending wires, and carefully and securely connected them. Unfortunately, when I went to try out my handiwork, something has happened to the positive source. Its not the fuse, I checked and replaced, but I don't have power where once there was power. Its the Black/Yellow wire and I think it might be an issue in my instrument cluster area, but who knows. There is a green wire that is powered by the ignition that I can connect with a spade that alternatively would work. But need to understand what that is.
Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 7.40.58 PM.png

do you have an actual paperback FSM? In it the electrical schematic in the back unfolds and is several feet long, those letters are just to help you keep track of which of the main +12V wires you're tracing in the schematic

If you made a electrical chance, and now you don't have voltage where you previously did, one of three things happened, 1 - you blew a fuse (you said not the problem), 2- blew a fusible link, or 3 - there's a bad connection to that wire and moving it made that connection worse (unlikely to happen in the dash if wiring is mostly untouched)

do you have an actual paperback FSM? In it the electrical schematic in the back unfolds and is several feet long, those letters are just to help you keep track of which of the main +12V wires you're tracing in the schematic

If you made a electrical chance, and now you don't have voltage where you previously did, one of three things happened, 1 - you blew a fuse (you said not the problem), 2- blew a fusible link, or 3 - there's a bad connection to that wire and moving it made that connection worse (unlikely to happen in the dash if wiring is mostly untouched)
Dash wiring is definitely touched. The area I am working on is the passenger kick panel where the Lokar shifter box is located. I recently did my carpet and wanted to fix the intermittent issue with the shift indicator. The builder had tied into the charge indicator light circuit. The wiring to the indicator power and Lokar decoder box wasn't energized and by jumping it, i got it to work. Unfortunately after getting it all together, it did not work. This time though, I didn't have power coming to box. I also have the instrument cluster out at the same time and it may have shifted and caused the problem. What a mess.

Its an LS Conversion.

Charge light? This is an FJ62, right?

Is that schematic you posted the one you're reading from? You know it isn't a 62 schematic... right?

Take a battery cable off and kill the truck power. Check for continuity from that black/yellow wire (Black wire with yellow tracer stripe, correct?) to the Engine fuse. I'm thinking that's the one you're seeing. First step is to identify what everything you're working with was originally intended for
A few pictures would help too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom