Wanted I GOT ONE!! - Wanted FJ40 Project - ATLANTA GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WANTED

I am looking for a Toyota FJ40 project. It does not have to be in great shape, but needs to be something that I can get back on the road.

I am looking for a father/son project for my 12 year old son. I am a teacher and I don't have a big budget, so that is why I am looking for a project. I can do metal and mechanic work, so a rough project with some rust is OK.

I can come pick it up with a trailer if it is within a reasonable distance from Atlanta GA (200-300 miles).

If you want to donate it for free, I can drive a little farther to pick it up :).

Send me pics of what you have and contact information.

Thank you!!

He would have any parts you needed too. Never spoken to the guy in Glasgow but ive seen him on the forums (wiley coyote?). I think he's got lotsa stuff
Yes, I have spoken to him. I have a couple people I am in conversation with. I hope to have one soon! Ill post pics when I get one.

Thank you everyone for all your contacts, info, and encouragement!!!

I'm guessing you found one? I'm not seeing your wanted ads all over CL anymore :)

Yeah, I have narrowed it down and should have one very soon! I will post pics once I get it. I will probably start a "build thread".

Sorry for "flooding CL" but it worked. I had dozens of people contact me who were willing to sell and did not have it listed.

Thank so much everyone for all your help!! I have met some really cool people!!

Matthew :)

Last edited:
I bought a 1977 FJ40 today. The wanted thread and add on CL worked. I had several people contact me with projects and ready to drive offers. This one was perfect for a father son project. I just got it home and unloaded into the shop.

Thanks again for all your help. I will continue to post pics on the progress!

IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

Looks like a great project! Have fun and keep us posted on the build.
Are there build threads on this forum? I cant seem to find them??

Thanks Guys!!

I went back-and-forth in my mind on whether to buy one that was running and put together but needed a good bit of rust work or to get one that was mostly rust free and in pieces like this one. It seems like those were the two most common options if you’re looking to spend less than $10k.

Mine has a 100% rust free tub, but I will have to do a little bit of work on the doors and the top, paint it, and put it back together. The guy bought it from was a great guy, a mud member, and was very helpful and honest. He said the motor ran great when he pulled into his shop two years ago and started taking it apart. I am hoping that I can clean it up paint it, put it back together, and drive it. I am going to do all the work myself, and, I hope to be in it is for less than $10k.

Once I get it back on the road, I will redo the breaks, suspension, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom