I Got My Fj40!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FINALLY! I'm so excited! Sorry about the caps! and all the exclaimation marks!

So it's a '75 with 131,xxx chassis miles and 4k on a 350 Chevy crate engine and Turbo 350. The engine is rated at 300hp. I got the cruiser for $6500 and I can't find anything but surface rust on this rig. This winter/spring I'd like to pull the tub off the frame and repaint EVERYTHING, while going through the frame, axles, suspension, ect. Hopefully by this time next year it'll be a badass Corvette yellow FJ40. The previous owner painted it with hammered glass filled epoxy paint for durability, but it looks like s*** as you can see.

I can't believe how much attention this thing has already got just cruisin around with the doors off. I guess it'll really turn heads once it's done.

I'm posting the medium resolution pics here but if you wanna see the high resolution ones, go here ---> http://www.joeylink.com/gallery/album50

joey_005.sized.jpg

joey_012.sized.jpg

joey_013.sized.jpg

joey_014.sized.jpg

joey_015.sized.jpg

joey_016.sized.jpg

joey_017.sized.jpg

joey_018.sized.jpg

joey_019.sized.jpg

joey_020.sized.jpg

joey_021.sized.jpg

joey_022.sized.jpg

joey_025.sized.jpg

joey_026.sized.jpg

Congrats!

but it looks like s*** as you can see.

Dude are you CRAZY!!! What do you want, some kinda road queen? Looks fine, I'd feel like going to kick your arse if you painted it and I think i would if you put a base/clear coat on it. It's a damn cruiser brother, paint looks fine to me and the last thing I'd do is spend money to paint that!

sonoranfun said:
Dude are you CRAZY!!! What do you want, some kinda road queen? Looks fine, I'd feel like going to kick your arse if you painted it and I think i would if you put a base/clear coat on it. It's a damn cruiser brother, paint looks fine to me and the last thing I'd do is spend money to paint that!

Hehe sorry man, going for something different with this rig. It's going to be my daily driver. I have a very capable 1980 Yota 4x4 with dents and scratches in every panel on the thing, this FJ is goin to look sharp.

yaaaayyyyyyy!..... congrats man, looks pretty clean on the inside and out as well!

Ahhhhhh, I was thinking about my response and maybe I was a little harsh... Just cause it's right for me don't make it so for you... I don't think of an FJ as a DD so that's my first mistake so I should just shut my mouth... You just happen to have the paint I'd like honestly... Good luck with it!

Thanks man, different strokes for different folks. I figure I could buy something nice, new, and shiny for a daily driver but I'd much rather fix up a classic like an FJ40 and drive that. I will do a bit of wheelin but nothing even mild in my book. I'll drive it up in the mud and snow to get to where I shoot, and in the sand at the dunes.

I asked and everyone suggested I find the cleanest, rust free example I could find and afford. I've been looking since December and this is by far the cleanest, most rust free, and cheapest-for-the-condition FJ40 I could find.

mel lowe said:
thatsa lotsa dough

No way it's pricey, and I'd submit that nobody in Gainesville, FL qualifies to make judgement of west coast prices.

I'm really happy that you've finally got one, Joey, at any price. It means, I hope, the end to your inane questions and surveys about best year, best engine, best color, and all the rest in here as well as in another forum. ;)

congrats, you have a very nice beast.! :beer:

congrats :)

where is WA are you?

I would sware I have seen that 40 before

John

Looks good, I would vote for a repaint too. When I bought mine 4-5 years ago I paid 5k for a truck I had to tow home. So I don't think you did too bad. But I'm also on the east coast.

Ahhhhh Blue with the White top..........with the 350......

Such a great combo. And I paid $6900 for mine a few years ago, then proceeded to fxxx it all up and lose my ass on it.

But it was fun. Do whatever the hell you want with it dude!!!

Last edited:
Chat!!!!

Chat!!!!!

Oh shutup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom