I got a little ham-handed chasing a leak... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So Ive been chasing a water leak in the rear cargo area. Ive resealed the 3rd brake light cover (2006 so the light is on the spoiler) and was still leaking.

The roof rack looked like the next likely culprit. I search and read, and watched a couple of youtube videos and everything basically said pull up on the covers and they will pop off.

Well, they did, but in doing so the clips snapped. (also it looks like most roof racks are slightly different than mine.) My covers are longer, and the middle attachments are different.

ANYWAY after breaking the clips (on all, i got mad) and pulling the rack, im not sure that that's where the leak is coming from. :bang:

So at this point the covers look prohibitively expensive from Toyota and im not sure about an aftermarket rack yet.
Can I buy shorter bolts and silicon them in the bolt holes until i decide what to do? I assume there shouldn't be leaks from the gutter channels?

IMG_7896.jpg

IMG_7897.jpg

IMG_7898.jpg

Yes the roof rack delete is essentially just shorter bolts, then they get covered up.

Could do that and even nicely cut out some black Gorilla Tape or something to keep debris out temporarily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom