I Get A Little Thump From The Back When I Get On And Off The Brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can Some One Help Me Every Time I Press On The Brake And Get Off The Brake I Get A Litte Thump And I Comes From The Back...thanks

I've got a 99 and started noticing the same thing a few months ago. I just had the Transmission checked out and asked them to check that thump and they told me it had absolutely nothing to do with the transmission and it was nothing serious. Possibly a U-Joint I think they said.

Anyway, nothing major!

If your problem is the same as mine, it's a small thump in the rear end at start and stop?

Sounds like a worn out bushing in the suspension. Do you get the noise when going over speed bumps?

rear parking brake drums loose, our LX does this, havn't had the time to adjust the parking brake yes, but on ours its diffently the parking brake

I think this is the common slip-joint complaint. Lube the driveshaft slip joint zerk regularly (but not too much lube!).
This complaint has been voiced by 4Runner, GX, LX owners so I believe it is just a common thing w/ lack of regular lubing and 'breaking in', even when brand new.

Landpimp said:
rear parking brake drums loose, our LX does this, havn't had the time to adjust the parking brake yes, but on ours its diffently the parking brake

AND HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT FOR SURE THAT IT IS YOU BRAKE DRUM AND HOW WOULD YOU FIX IT?????

in my case the brake handle is way out of adjustment, and if I have connie go back and forth in the LX I can hear the shoes in the drum, there aint nothing else back there that would make that noise

and dude..........take off the cap locks.....please

jersey1 said:
AND HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT FOR SURE THAT IT IS YOU BRAKE DRUM AND HOW WOULD YOU FIX IT?????

FirstToy said:
I think this is the common slip-joint complaint. Lube the driveshaft slip joint zerk regularly (but not too much lube!).
This complaint has been voiced by 4Runner, GX, LX owners so I believe it is just a common thing w/ lack of regular lubing and 'breaking in', even when brand new.

I've read about this on several Toyota sites. If it happens say after you've come to a stop and then it feels like someone bumped your LC in the rear it is what FirstToy is talkin about and it is not a problem (Toyota provides this feature free of charge :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom