I finally got a real Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone this is my 1993 LC got it from my neighbors she was parked in the garage since 2017 when the owner passed away. She have 127k miles. Only thing wrong was gas tank got bad gas. I did all the cooling hose, cap and thermostat. Brakes front and rear, 2” inches iron lift and 35” tires. Also get rid of the amber corners light.

C21C6BF5-A995-4153-842E-869610C0EE24.jpeg

A943E87C-6143-4EF8-B345-3714F90FCA5A.jpeg

41455AE4-1C0A-4ABA-947E-49295A741BAA.jpeg

E9C8E95B-95B0-497C-B5AF-9FC37B72AEB6.jpeg

0F2FA2CB-4A52-47CE-BBF2-8072EEF34942.jpeg

Looks great! Was gonna link a similar story thread till I realized it was you.

Where in VA?

Do you know if the hood is a respray? Amazing
Black should not have clear coat so putting some time into paint correction should be able to yield some pretty good results.

Enjoy it!

Where in VA?

Black should not have clear coat so putting some time into paint correction should be able to yield some pretty good results.

Enjoy it!
It actually like a metallic green more than a black also is a single stage pain no clear.

Where in VA?

Enjoy it!
Yorktown

It actually like a metallic green more than a black also is a single stage pain no clear.

6M1 paint code should have a clear over it in stock form. Either way, looks great.

6M1 paint code should have a clear over it in stock form. Either way, looks great.
I don’t think is original but I can tell there is no body work on the truck or the carfax I will ask my neighbor.the paint is in really good shape. I think is a single stage paint because my buffing pads get green color.

Hi everyone this is my 1993 LC got it from my neighbors she was parked in the garage since 2017 when the owner passed away. She have 127k miles. Only thing wrong was gas tank got bad gas. I did all the cooling hose, cap and thermostat. Brakes front and rear, 2” inches iron lift and 35” tires. Also get rid of the amber corners light.

View attachment 3178274

View attachment 3178275

View attachment 3178276

View attachment 3178277

View attachment 3178281
Congrats on buying a FAKE Landcruiser, enjoy and open up your wallet. :cheers:

I think is a single stage paint because my buffing pads get green color.

That could just mean that you've worn through the clear coat, which is very common on vehicles this old.

The only factory color on 80s that didn't have clear coat is 045 white.

That looks like factory 6M1 dark emerald green. It's hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like your clear coat might be blown out near the top of the passenger A-pillar. Maybe it's just a reflection, though.

That could just mean that you've worn through the clear coat, which is very common on vehicles this old.

That looks like factory 6M1 dark emerald green. It's hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like your clear coat might be blown out near the top of the passenger A-pillar. Maybe it's just a reflection, though.
Negative boss I’m very good with the buffer probably it was repainted because it actually have a single stage paint. There is no clear in the whole truck.any way whoever painted did a good job. No orange peels or fish eyes. I kind like the fact is a single stage. You can actually take care of imperfections on the paint easy.

Last edited:
Congrats on buying a FAKE Landcruiser, enjoy and open up your wallet. :cheers:
Well if this a fake Land Cruiser can you please tell me what is a real one?. Only reason I said a real Land Cruiser is because my LX 570 I don’t consider good for the task of going off road.

So far I got
$4000 for the truck
$600 for the rims
$800 on fluids, cooling hoses,front and rear brakes,fuel pump and sending unit.
$1600 for Ironman 2” lift kit.
$130 for light kit.
Well close to $10k not bad I guess?

Nice cruiser. Congrats. Black was not a factor color for 93/94. Don’t think black was offered til 1996. Either way Enjoy!!

update- I ask my neighbor and yes the truck completely painted on 2017 because her husband want to match his truck with the motorcycle the color is a metallic green with black. It was $8000 back in 2016 all the door molding were replaced. I finally took her for a drive today I noticed a small exhaust leak coming from front oxygen sensor mount. Im thinking on take it out and tick weld the bolt. Anyone have this problem? Can I buy this pipe from the dealer or maybe the sell some type mount for it? I was able to turn the stub with that nut.

8631D354-3029-461C-A907-C69AF31603B6.jpeg

4F858B45-042D-4F6C-8F5B-BDD09648644C.jpeg

Well if this a fake Land Cruiser can you please tell me what is a real one?. Only reason I said a real Land Cruiser is because my LX 570 I don’t consider good for the task of going off road.
It's a JOKE. I would wheel that LX you should check the guys on the 200/LX forum.

Black, offered in ‘96-‘97, also had no clearcoat.

PS - 183 is the best.
😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom