I finally figured out that front bib hinge .. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Came across a 75 Arizona Cruiser for sale today.. thought I'd found shangri La until I inspected further.

I always wondered what that front bib hinge was for??

Interesting and sad at the same time. Sorry to see a nice rust free cruiser cut up.The guy was a ASE mechanic and put the V8 conversion with a Turbo 350 , NP205, centered cruiser axle.

I have more pics and info if anyones wants info... no affiliation

bennett

Last edited:
more... guess where the battery is located...and it's not inside?

Last edited:
I dont think its that bad. looks like the only things cut are the fenders? You should go check out the Cruiser section of pirate4x4 :D

-Dustin

Last edited:
Mine too

Mine was done the same way. It actualy makes it really easy to get to my big V8.

Nothin' new....

Worked on a truck here in '93 that was set up that way....

:beer:

Batteries in the front bumper, right?

The 'new' thing with that one is that it's steel, the ones I've seen like that are fiberglass and the hood is attached.

mine was steel (with hood attached)...sold it in 92...wish i hadn't.
71.jpg

honk said:
Batteries in the front bumper, right?

Ding.. ding... ding.. we have a winner !

btw- the seller wants $6400 iirc

here is a view where he cut the fender

Last edited:
Nuclearmon -

Is that Hank WIlliams Jr. standing next to your cruiser?

Rocky

lol...that's my buddy steve...he's a little outta touch, but the dude knows how to fix anything!!! ask romer how i fixed his seized motor...steve taught me that!

greatest guy in the world..i had a cruiser that someone had given to me and another friend that was locked up tight...he got it running on kerosene!

any illinois people should look him up...i gave gumby his phone#, but pm me if anyone else wants to meet/wheel with him. he kinda dropped out of cruisers shortly after i moved and lane, jason and marcus ditched the brotherandy wclc, but he would like to get involved with cruiserheads again. unfortunately, he's computer illiterate.

Wasn't that method of making a hood opening part of one of the early conversion packages offered by Downey and ConFerr?
It wouldn't be too bad if the fender joint could be finessed into near invisibility. Shouldn't be too hard to do. The way it is calls too much attention to it.

all the paint being chipped off where the fender is cut doesn't help.

I actually like that set-up, alot. I can think of far too many times I have cursed those fixed fenders. Though it would have to be done more discreetly than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom