I enjoyed getting my (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yomama.net
It was that time of the year to get my oil changed. I used to do it myself, but with the hassle of storing the oil in a drum and taking it to get disposed I have broken down to let the Valvoline guys change my oil. It had been a year since I was in there since I am running Amsoil and had less then 5k on it since the last change. I pull up to the garage, they open the door, I pull in and as soon as I get out of the rig without saying anything the guy says "Amsoil and filter"? Yep, you guys remembered huh? I recognized the guys from last year and of course the Cruiser is something you really don't forget, they don't get many of them in there. Anyway the guy down below that pulled the drain plug (new guy) was admiring the underneath of the truck. He says "Toyota really knows how to build these things". He mentioned the beefer frame/cross members, the sealed front joints, trailing arms, steering linkage, solid axles he even said that the transfer case is the biggest he has ever seen, bigger then the 1 ton trucks that come in there. I am sure some of that has to do with the coupling and full time 4wd. Then as he is adding oil he spots the turbo and also mentions the size of that straight 6. It makes your head swell when somebody else is bragging on your truck :cheers:
I figure these guys see lots of rigs underneath and for him to say all that. I did mention to him that even the Toyota frames can be bent and if he looked close could see :rolleyes:

Yomama

Did he pee in his pants too? :D

Sounds like he had a little blood flow going after your encounter.

Yomama I sort of relate. A few weeks ago some guy in the next car walked up to me while I was pumping gas and asked if he could just sit in my truck (passenger side) to check it out then asked me tons of questions about the motor, axles etc.... Last week while pumping gas some guy in a brand new big f350 diesel dually lwith leather interior asked me how I liked my landcruiser then said, "wish I could afford one". Weird. His truck cost 3 times what I paid. This never happened before with any car I have owned. Of course, it may be happening because I am pumping gas more often?

>> Of course, it may be happening because I am pumping gas more often? <<

:D :D That made me laugh and I haven't laughed much in past 2 weeks! :D :D

-B-

We used to have a BJ60 that was my wife's DD. She was always getting hit on by guys admiring the 60. Actually with the 80 she gets a lot less comments now, not sure she's as thrilled as I am with the 80. :rolleyes:

Wait till more mods, then more comments I suspect.

Riley

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=12541;start=msg115250#msg115250 date=1078446327]

>> Of course, it may be happening because I am pumping gas more often? <<

:D :D That made me laugh and I haven't laughed much in past 2 weeks! :D :D

-B-
[/quote]

glad to be of service B. I think my dry sense of humour is accented by my inability to remember to use smileys.

;)

[quote author=Brentbba link=board=2;threadid=12541;start=msg115150#msg115150 date=1078438104]
Did he pee in his pants too? :D
[/quote]

He was down in that hole for quite awhile :eek:

Yomama

[quote author=Riley link=board=2;threadid=12541;start=msg115252#msg115252 date=1078446365]
She was always getting hit on by guys admiring the 60. Actually with the 80 she gets a lot less comments now, [/quote]

Perhaps she's juet getting comments from the other chicks now. :D Chicks dig the 80's. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom