I Dyno'ed my LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! Mine made 121hp at 5600' altitude with 315k or so miles on it 😮

We're right about 4500ft elevation here, mine has right around 230k on the clock.
I followed up my friend's 2004 golf r32 build that made 510hp. Nobody else wanted to go after her, figured I'd lower the bar a bit for them haha

I didn't actually take a picture :bang: It was a small event and they didn't do print-outs for anyone, kicking myself for not taking a picture of the graph. I plan on doing it again closer to turbo time to get accurate before/after numbers for comparison

I didn't actually take a picture :bang: It was a small event and they didn't do print-outs for anyone, kicking myself for not taking a picture of the graph. I plan on doing it again closer to turbo time to get accurate before/after numbers for comparison

Good idea. Then you can compare curves and see the difference at every RPM. I bet the turbo will give you a lot of torque too.

This was mine:

scan0001-jpg.1226085

It surprises me how low the HP numbers are, and I'm sure mine are about the same. It surprises me because my LX450, while not quick, doesn't feel like it's putting down only 124 hp. (though it's probably not far off, at 330k) I guess seat of the pants feel is really what matters to me. It does better than my 98 hp Geo Tracker did on the highway, and so it feels powerful (haha). Even if it's really not that much better. Thanks for sharing your results!

This was mine:

scan0001-jpg.1226085
Smokin'! lol

I wouldn't have the gumption to put mine on a dyno.
BUT that torque bump in/around 3k on yours...
...I actually feel that on mine. Well, the few times I've braved venturing beyond 3krpms.
Good to know there's nothing worth seeing after 4krpms. That'll keep me from bothering during those times of ill-advised daring.

you going to use the wits end turbo kit or make your own setup

We're right about 4500ft elevation here, mine has right around 230k on the clock.
I followed up my friend's 2004 golf r32 build that made 510hp. Nobody else wanted to go after her, figured I'd lower the bar a bit for them haha

Lol @ 124 HP. I guess racing her for pink slips is out of the question.

It surprises me how low the HP numbers are, and I'm sure mine are about the same. It surprises me because my LX450, while not quick, doesn't feel like it's putting down only 124 hp. (though it's probably not far off, at 330k) I guess seat of the pants feel is really what matters to me. It does better than my 98 hp Geo Tracker did on the highway, and so it feels powerful (haha). Even if it's really not that much better. Thanks for sharing your results!

My Challenger reports 48 HP ( or something ridiculously low) on a flat road doing 70 MPH even though there’s 450 HP+ on tap.

you going to use the wits end turbo kit or make your own setup
Honestly, I don’t know. Turbo is going to be a while out still, I have more of the offroad/creature comfort parts of my “build” to do first. Since I watched the thread on the that 30psi turbo 1fz in the dunes video, right now I'd say I'll DIY it and make all the powa and spooly noises. There's not a ton out there that I've found so far on it though, so really, I don't know 🤷‍♀️ Depends on how much money I have for it I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom