I did a thing for you people, for science. But, I need your help with ideas. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oof, thanks for the correction. Tangling with the ECU is way outside of my comfort range, and I'm glad you stepped in to squash the "I heard that you could..."

Yeah. I considered telling people to just do that, but when you consider these wires are outside and could possibly fall off, drag on the ground, arc on the frame, etc. I reconsidered. My relay setup still uses the ground from the factory plug, but only as a trigger for the relays. So in the event of a short, no power can be sent inadvertently through the factory wiring.

I do like the reuse of the tubes! I will say though, if you're going for a nice even light above the slider, getting some led strips with tracks that have a diffuser would be much simpler, I think.

Something like this

Starlandled 10-Pack Aluminum Channel for LED Strip Lights Installation,Easy to Cut,Professional Look,U-Shape LED Cover Diffuser Track with Complete Mounting Accessories for Easy Installation Amazon product ASIN B01LL2SLME
And you could easily wire those up with my kit, in addition to downward facing lights :)

I do like the reuse of the tubes! I will say though, if you're going for a nice even light above the slider, getting some led strips with tracks that have a diffuser would be much simpler, I think.

Something like this

Starlandled 10-Pack Aluminum Channel for LED Strip Lights Installation,Easy to Cut,Professional Look,U-Shape LED Cover Diffuser Track with Complete Mounting Accessories for Easy Installation Amazon product ASIN B01LL2SLME
And you could easily wire those up with my kit, in addition to downward facing lights :)

That track is pretty much exactly what I was thinking of building. Guess it makes sense it exists already.

Don't worry, you won't see them from behind me anyway.

20200125_124957.jpg

well, when the aliens come for samples, and they have to choose between an LX with lights everywhere and a Toy covered in mud, I think I know which one they will be abducting... and which one I'm stayin' in... :cheers:

well, when the aliens come for samples, and they have to choose between an LX with lights everywhere and a Toy covered in mud, I think I know which one they will be abducting... and which one I'm stayin' in... :cheers:
Well - that depends on the aliens, really. What if they have severe allergic reaction to the lights and mud is their favorite color?

yes, but well, aliens notwithstanding, let's get back to the (semi) tech here...
LED lights anybody?

I may have a chance to mess with these some more next weekend. I need the sliders on for this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom