I called a FB marketplace bluff. FINALLY GOT PROVEN WRONG! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That defiantly looks like a GCC spec 70.

He could be visiting from this part of the world. It's been normal to see these cars visit with UAE (Dubai, Abu dhabi) plates.

If that's the case, the cruiser can be legally imported for tourism or even a diplomat can import it for a short period of time.

I bet the first thing that struck you when you got in is how massive all the windows are! You can see the world from the driver seat.

That defiantly looks like a GCC spec 70.

He could be visiting from this part of the world. It's been normal to see these cars visit with UAE (Dubai, Abu dhabi) plates.

If that's the case, the cruiser can be legally imported for tourism or even a diplomat can import it for a short period of time.

I bet the first thing that struck you when you got in is how massive all the windows are! You can see the world from the driver seat.
Thats cool to know! Thank you. I did like the windows....also really liked the open center console tbh. Alot of room to plan out something that works better for you. First thing i did notice though was how sealed/solid the doors sound. Sure..sure...its a landcruiser. Idk why since I saw exposed steel, which I also really like on the doors how they do that. That it would have a different sound. Closed and opened the door 5-6 times and just smiled ear to ear. The simple things like that. The true lack or really needing the gas in any gear due to the torque is also nice and makes driving it a breeeeezeeee

Thats cool to know! Thank you. I did like the windows....also really liked the open center console tbh. Alot of room to plan out something that works better for you. First thing i did notice though was how sealed/solid the doors sound. Sure..sure...its a landcruiser. Idk why since I saw exposed steel, which I also really like on the doors how they do that. That it would have a different sound. Closed and opened the door 5-6 times and just smiled ear to ear. The simple things like that. The true lack or really needing the gas in any gear due to the torque is also nice and makes driving it a breeeeezeeee
Clutch, remap and exhaust and that thing is getting more than a 100% increase in torque. That's why I'm not such a 1hz fan😄

That is super cool! What a nice surprise! I hope the owner gets to enjoy it for a long time to come. :steer:

Be careful, EPA SWAT may smash down your door, shoot your dog and detain you at 3am for being an accessory. They've been preparing

It's a GCC truck. That's the only market that gets left-hand drive V8s.

Luckily you didn’t have to ride on the rear seat.

76’s have the worst rear seat to ride in. It’s not so much the seat as it is sitting right on top of the rear axle. Put in some heavy leaves and it is not nice at all in the back seat, painful even. I have found the A/C kind of sucks for the back seats too.

Just my experience riding in one a lot down in Latin America.

Cheers

I have met lots of good cruiser folk on fb marketplace in Melbourne Oz. My favourite are the young fellas with no money but figured the 2h can be fixed by themselves and last a long time, they appreciate a good deal too. Good earnest fellas, even made some friends.

But 40 series parts customers are a different market to 60 series or 70 series. 40 series have become just too cool, collectable and expensive, so that customer here has much more money are not generally nice and modest. Not as appreciative, generally.

Ih8mud seems to appeal to an older generation overall, who prefer to be subtle with a tag name and communicate on a larger platform bigger than a text postage stamp size. On some other platforms ih8mud is considered to be a forum for old grumps..meh, no doubt in my mind, this is where you can learn stuff.

Ebay and gumtree are pathetic to sell stuff in oz, so fb marketplace is one of the few realms to find or sell a good deal. But some of the messages are difficult to read indeed.

I have met lots of good cruiser folk on fb marketplace in Melbourne Oz. My favourite are the young fellas with no money but figured the 2h can be fixed by themselves and last a long time, they appreciate a good deal too. Good earnest fellas, even made some friends.

But 40 series parts customers are a different market to 60 series or 70 series. 40 series have become just too cool, collectable and expensive, so that customer here has much more money are not generally nice and modest. Not as appreciative, generally.

Ih8mud seems to appeal to an older generation overall, who prefer to be subtle with a tag name and communicate on a larger platform bigger than a text postage stamp size. On some other platforms ih8mud is considered to be a forum for old grumps..meh, no doubt in my mind, this is where you can learn stuff.

Ebay and gumtree are pathetic to sell stuff in oz, so fb marketplace is one of the few realms to find or sell a good deal. But some of the messages are difficult to read indeed.
Hit the nail on the head. Its so cool to me to see the generation changes of LC owners. Especially fun watching a owner step up and down the LC ladder trying to find the perfect soup.

Luckily you didn’t have to ride on the rear seat.

76’s have the worst rear seat to ride in. It’s not so much the seat as it is sitting right on top of the rear axle. Put in some heavy leaves and it is not nice at all in the back seat, painful even. I have found the A/C kind of sucks for the back seats too.

Just my experience riding in one a lot down in Latin America.

Cheers
No crap? Did not think the ride was that bad, then again it was not long and on modern roads. Ill be damn lol

Not all 40 series folks are the entitled type though, some are good. Usually the ones who work on the rig themselves are the better type as you have to humble to have a try and learn. Got the biggest wave from a young couple in a loaded tourer, beat up hj47 ute at my hj75 fire brigade troopy both of us slow as each other on the freeway, last week.

Then there is real estate developers who have so much cash and buy and pay to be ready made cool..saw a 40 at my local sparky shop, every bell and whistle, the owner knows nothing of what he actually has, just wants it shiny and working!

That is always the first thing I think of when I get into anything else. "how the frick can you see anything out of this?"

My strip down F350 is a space ship with no visibility compared to my cruisers

Onee funny thing I did notice in the interior. The door handles/surrounds are out of a first gen tacoma heheh

They are also used in the Hiace/Coaster buses and Hino/Dyna trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom