I broke this tube...engine people, tell me what it is please! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks...was changing out the spark plugs on my 2000 'LX and accidentally snapped this hose mount/plastic tube piece which goes into my intake. I've circled it in this photo I found online. I widened the broken hole and pushed hose in so it still "works" temporarily...what does this exact tube DO? How important is it to replace with OEM part, or something else? Thanks.

airintake.jpg

I think it's connected to the valve cover and part of the crank cast ventilation. You could probably plastic weld it back on with some zip ties and a soldering iron.

That might be your fuel pressure regulator hose. Check the vacuum hose diagram on your hood to make sure.

It is the inlet for venting. No pressue in it. Atmospheric air is pulled into the engine oil chamber through that. Simply glue it back and apply jb weld to make it firm.

It is the right PCV vacuum hose inlet.

PCV hose comes from right head (valve) cover and is attached to it.
Hoses 03-05.jpg

I've been using this glue on a number of plastic parts lately. Seem like good stuff, dries instantly and can be filed on. The manufacture states it's better than super glue and braking soda, IDK.
054.JPG

2pvc valves? I didn’t know thanks.

It is the right PCV vacuum hose inlet.

PCV hose comes from right head (valve) cover and is attached to it.
View attachment 1831336
I've been using this glue on a number of plastic parts lately. Seem like good stuff, dries instantly and can be filed on. The manufacture states it's better than super glue and braking soda, IDK.
View attachment 1831335

It's the air in to the engine which then gets circulated inside the engine before going through the pcv to intake manifold. Any car with a pcv valve has an air inlet in to the engine from air box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom