I am sooooooo sick, but sooooo glad to be back!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by GeoRoss, Jul 15, 2005.

1. GeoRoss

GeoRoss

Six weeks in Tibet, eating at places and stuff I know I shouldn't and nothing, nada, zip. I did have six weeks of the runs, but I could choose the time and place. Wigger restraunts are great, especially the 'meat-on-a-stick' guys.

Two days at the Holiday Inn in Beijing, one bad BLT and man am I sick. 12hrs of throwing up (luckily only once on the plane) and now 2 or 3 days of the runs. I guess that is one of the reasons there was a sign in this $121 a night hotel's eleveator "This elevator is sterilized every hour". I started a course of cipro and I am starting to feel better, maybe it is just a coincidence.

I am sooooo glad to be back home. The PRC can kiss my a#$. I swear, the Chinese are worse than the French when it comes to being all persnickity about language. I could speak with the Tibetans in chinese just fine, but not the chinese. They would just look at you like you farted and act like they didn't understand you.

Well here's to the PRC :flipoff2: , I made it home with out going crazy, killing myself or someone else, although there was this annoying teenage nomad that was just begging to be tossed off this mountain.

Well I'm off to visit my best friend of the moment, the porcelain throne, then to drink more water straight from the tap. I'm livin' large and on the edge.

Stay tuned for a fun little game about the the 'Little Cruiser That Could-maybe'. I just need to get my film developed and scanned, a job I hate with a passion.

2. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    His name didnt happen to be Josh by any chance????? :flipoff2:

welcome home

3. BLKDOG40

BLKDOG40

Can't wait to see some pics :)
    glad you had a safe trip - you wouldn't want to have to change your name to 'Stuck in PRC'

4. swank60

swank60

Can't wait for the trip report and pics...

Just one tip - don't try to save time by drinking water from the toilet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.