I am needing some pics of FJ60's. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am finally going to start pimping the ride and plan on getting a couple of bike trays and a yakima basket for the roof. So i am needing some pics so i can decide on what size basket to get and how long. Just want to see what it's going to look like.

Thanks.

just get a full lengh roof rack and some hella lights for up front... it will look bad ass no matter what..

[quote author=lowtideride link=board=1;threadid=13742;start=msg127438#msg127438 date=1080318230]
just get a full lengh roof rack and some hella lights for up front... it will look bad ass no matter what..
[/quote]
I like thst idea ;) I have a 4.5x 6.5 Con-ferr rack with Hella's I used Surco's LR100 light mounts insted of Con-ferr's cause the put the light WAY lower. I also put a 3/4 in ply wood floor in it so i could walk on it and i even set up there in law chairs to watch stuff. I have the small p/u bed bike mounts to put on the floor but haven't done it yet
PC300163.sized.jpg

Yeah, don't waste your money on the Yakima rack. I bought the "Road Warrior" for my rack and it looked flat out silly. It sits to high, it's not big enough, and for what you can pay for it new, you can get one of the real-deal racks from Man-a-fre or SOR. That's what I should have done.

I don't have any photos, but I'll put it to you this way: I kept my rack on for about a week, then sold it for $100 in a yard sale. (oh, and on the road, it would howl at highway speeds without the cowl on it, and it knocks about 1mpg off of your gas milage.

[quote author=swank60 link=board=1;threadid=13742;start=msg127473#msg127473 date=1080321970]
here's a photo with the bike and canoe junk. I pulled that off too.
[/quote]

Nice 60...hey are you local in DFW area?

It's an old photo - the sun has since baked the wonderful Maaco paint job the PO put on it a few years ago...but thanks (not to say I don't still love my truck)

I'm here in South Fort Worth - you're close by, right?

I'm in Richardson and another guy on here Benji is in Keller.

I see you have a bike tray on there...you ride?

Not any more - that's why I pulled all of that off. Two kids, wife and being self employed have sort of gotten in the way of all that. Any spare time I have now is down in the garage when everyone's in bed turning a wrench on the TR6 or the 60...

I don't think I've talked to Benji before on here...

Do you belong to any of the TLC clubs that are around here?

[quote author=swank60 link=board=1;threadid=13742;start=msg127504#msg127504 date=1080326127]
Not any more - that's why I pulled all of that off. Two kids, wife and being self employed have sort of gotten in the way of all that. Any spare time I have now is down in the garage when everyone's in bed turning a wrench on the TR6 or the 60...

I don't think I've talked to Benji before on here...

Do you belong to any of the TLC clubs that are around here?
[/quote]

I belong to LSLC here locally and that's it. Its hard for me to make the monthly meetings cause i have a 2 lil' ones of my own. Do you ever go wheeling locally off of 360?

Here's my 87 FJ60. Thule bars, Yakima small backet (Basketcase?) and ski racks. Although I'd love a full length rack, this is my daily driver and just don't need something like that yet...someday, though!

I would recommend the hitch-mount mike rack. It saves you from taking the wheels off, and you don't have to heave them up on the roof. That's especially helpful if you have any kind of lift. ;) just my $.02...

CardinalFJ60

[quote author=CardinalFJ60 link=board=1;threadid=13742;start=msg127564#msg127564 date=1080331560]
Here's my 87 FJ60. Thule bars, Yakima small backet (Basketcase?) and ski racks. Although I'd love a full length rack, this is my daily driver and just don't need something like that yet...someday, though!

I would recommend the hitch-mount mike rack. It saves you from taking the wheels off, and you don't have to heave them up on the roof. That's especially helpful if you have any kind of lift. ;) just my $.02...

CardinalFJ60

[/quote]

See like you my FJ60 is my daily driver and i don't think i need a full rack either. Not a big fan of the hitch...i have that on my Durango and hate it.

Nice looking truck.

kling-on nice set up...that reminds me what my truck use to look like... now its saddle tan and sprung over and the ass is all trimed out..and i cant get in the garage with a roof rack... my garage is 82 inches high and my cruiser 81 1/2 and if i dont have more than 1/2 a tank of gas i rub the roof...at least its out of the rain....keep those 60s lookin good...
-al

[quote author=BigSur link=board=1;threadid=13742;start=msg127518#msg127518 date=1080327555]
I belong to LSLC here locally and that's it. Its hard for me to make the monthly meetings cause i have a 2 lil' ones of my own. Do you ever go wheeling locally off of 360?
[/quote]
I'm also in the DFW area, where do you wheel off of 360 ?

[quote author=mtycruiser link=board=1;threadid=13742;start=msg127594#msg127594 date=1080334209]
I'm also in the DFW area, where do you wheel off of 360 ?
[/quote]

Well there is a place around the 360/121 area. I haven't been there and was looking to see who has and where it is. I have seen the area before but never stopped to check it out. There are trails and there seems to be a lot of them.

Maybe a DFW wheeling get together might be in order.

Ben - too funny...and you're right up the road from me.

I haven't been to the spot on 360, but I know of it. I think the PO took it out there once and tooled around, but nothing serious. It's close to the airport, right? I'd be up for a meet and greet some Sat or Sun.

I'm kind of in the same boat with the club thing. I'm not a member, and what I've looked up and read about them, they seem kind of like hardcore wheelers (40s with V8s, etc) - which I'd like to do a little more - put the 60 to work - but I'm more into working on it and keeping it alive. Sort of a tech geek that way, I guess. I'd like to do more expedition type stuff, but I'd have to drive to NM to get into that. Also, seems like a lot of structure. I think it would be a lot more fun to call a group of guys together and say "meet out at 360 - bring a tow strap" on a given weekend. Something relaxed.

[quote author=swank60 link=board=1;threadid=13742;start=msg127601#msg127601 date=1080335067]
Ben - too funny...and you're right up the road from me.

I haven't been to the spot on 360, but I know of it. I think the PO took it out there once and tooled around, but nothing serious. It's close to the airport, right? I'd be up for a meet and greet some Sat or Sun.

I'm kind of in the same boat with the club thing. I'm not a member, and what I've looked up and read about them, they seem kind of like hardcore wheelers (40s with V8s, etc) - which I'd like to do a little more - put the 60 to work - but I'm more into working on it and keeping it alive. Sort of a tech geek that way, I guess. I'd like to do more expedition type stuff, but I'd have to drive to NM to get into that. Also, seems like a lot of structure. I think it would be a lot more fun to call a group of guys together and say "meet out at 360 - bring a tow strap" on a given weekend. Something relaxed.
[/quote]

Now that sounds like a good idea. Also, Benji was telling me about a place just outside of Denton to go wheeling.

Dammit...now i got to get those new springs on the rig before we wheel. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom