1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am heading up to Sac.....in the 80

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 4dmalamute, Aug 22, 2006.

1. 4dmalamute

4dmalamute

Well, I am off to Sacramento, again. I have an interview first thing in the morning. This is my second interview with the company and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I will get the job. Anyway, If you see a green beast of an 80 on hwy 99 give me the:flipoff2: which will make my nerves calm the fawk down. Thats all, hopefully next time I post I will have news of me moving up to the Sacramento area. Wish me luck!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: oh wait, that is after the interview tomorrow.:)

2. OZCAL

OZCAL

I'll race you if you're going Thursday morning...

3. 95eighty

95eighty

4. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew SILVER Star

Good luck, where are you interviewing?

It's a good place to live.

5. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

whoa...missed this one yesterday.

how'd it go?

6. Skillet

Skillet Skillet

Media:
    Albums:
    Just show them your avatar and you will be hired on the spot...:flipoff2:

7. 4dmalamute

4dmalamute

I just got back home to Turdlock..................and now the waiting game continues. FAWK!:crybaby: Not sure how to take the interview though. Was very VERY short and to the point. Either they made up their mind already or, they just wanted to mess with me again. Anyway, now, I am off to work. Talk about a busy fricking day. I cant wait to move up to Sac, there is sooo much to do and places to hang out. :beer:

8. jb welda

jb welda

>there is sooo much to do and places to hang out

maybe compared to turlock.

my favorite place in sacramento is somewhere else.

ps: if you move here look for a place to live in the central city. anywhere else is suburban hell and you will see what i mean first time you drive in or out of town during rush hour.

im lucky enough to be close in (mckinley park area) to ride a bike to work.

all that said, the central city is a very nice place to live and be.

one love
    jah bill

9. NorCalDoug

not a fan of Sacramento?

10. jb welda

jb welda

>all that said, the central city is a very nice place to live and be.

one love
    jah bill

11. NorCalDoug

:confused:

> my favorite place in sacramento is somewhere else.

12. Zimm

Zimm

13. 4dmalamute

4dmalamute

Thanks for the insight on Sacramento....................but, just from what I have experienced over the years while visiting Sacramento, I have to say that the city kicks ass (when having things to do, see, and learn). Besides, it gets me that much closer to home (Truckee) so I can visit more often.:beer:

14. GojuFJ

GojuFJ

I'm there with you. Having grown up in Bakersfield, or Hell South as I refer to it, I was excited to move to Sac. Now that I've lived a few other places and am back in Sac, I realize how much this city sucks. Too much traffic, too much smog, to GD hot, too much crime, blah, blah, blah. Great morning radio though. So for 5 hours a day, I get to forget what a pit we live in. Stay in Turlock. I'm just waiting for that nice gov't retirement to kick in, then it's off to a real city. The best thing about Sac? They have airplanes to fly you to nice places.

15. 4dmalamute

4dmalamute

WOW!!!!!! Perhaps you should step it up a bit and move the hell out of that town. If that town sucks sooo bad, move. Once again, thanks for your input, but, I wasnt looking for suggestions or asking if I should move there............I was just saying that I am looking forward to moving there. Fawk, I hope that every person in Sac isnt so down on the place like you are??:rolleyes:

PS..........I am stoked to move up there....:flipoff2:

16. alvarorb

alvarorb Color Geek in Charge

I've lived in Sacramento for 8 years and I really like it here. Sure, it's no NY, nor LA. But it's got some nightlife, great restaurants and good food all around. It might no be the most exciting city, but it's quiet, but enough things going on to keep you entertained. Plus it's located halfway between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe. Within less than 2 hours of driving you have tons world class places. Where else could you be that you can be on the Rubicon Trail head in 2.5 hours and on the Sonoma Coast in the same amount of time?

I work 10 minutes away from home no matter what time I go. There's hardly any traffic on that section of the freeway on the direction I travel. Plus I'm 15 minutes from the airport. It's just great.

Regards

Alvaro

17. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew SILVER Star

Yep-To each, his own. Sacramento is a great place to raise a family. There isn't the weirdness of the big California cities, the schools are generally good in the burbs, and the weather is great except for Febuary. State government provides good entertainment and not much else.

Just for reference, I live just outside the city in one of the older suburbs, and one block from the American River. Living in mid-town or downtown for me would never work since I have kids in school and the city schools are like city schools everywhere-ie not worth the risk. The economy is good and the real estate, while rediculously overpriced, is not as bad as the rest of California.

I bike commute 30 miles daily on a bike path/ river parkway with no traffic. How many places can you do that? The traffic is very moderate here compared to the Bay Area, which is gridlock h*ll.

GojuFJ-it sounds like a change of pace will do you good, so good luck bro. Life is in the journey.

18. 4dmalamute

4dmalamute

I finally got the call tonight while I was at work............I landed the job I was going for up in Sacramento!:beer: So, looks as if tomorrow when I am at work, I get the pleasure (oh yes, it will be nice to let me current boss know that I will be giving him my notice) of putting in my three week notice. I feel obligated to my current employer to give them as many weeks notice as possible. Who knows though, they might just say "see ya" and monday will be my last day...............I doubt it though.

Anyway, I am rambling on. Point of this posting is that I landed a good paying, set shift (I currently rotate weekly which is hell on the mind and body) weekends off, with great benefits job. Now the fun begins........Sell the house, find an apartment in Sac, move my s***, explain to my four year old why Daddy and Mommy only live together on the weekends (wife living in Turdlock part time finishing up her BSN at Stanislaus State) etc, etc, etc, etc................Damn, and for some reason I thought this was a good idea!!:crybaby:

Sooo, you guys up in Sac area will be seeing another beast of an 80 in your neck of the woods starting in a couple of weeks! Dont forget to give me the offical salute:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

19. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew SILVER Star

Congrats-Another Cruiserhead is always welcome here. Stop by some time for a chat and a brew. There are actually a bunch of local Cruiserheads. Where will you be working?

And here is what you're looking for.....:flipoff2:

20. 4dmalamute

4dmalamute

Ahhhhhhhhh, nothing like a welcome salute:)
    Looking forward to meeting some of you up there in the near future. As for work, its for a Home Depot Supply.........no, not the store you go to buy things in, its a warehouse that is only dealing with shipping products. There is more to it, but I will save that for another day.

Well, I am off to work in 30 minutes and have to wake my boss up and give him my good news..........bad news for him, but, owell.:flipoff2:

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">