I Am Going To Be Busy For A Bit! (Woo Hoo!!!) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Well, Santa came driving his big brown sled today and left me this:

omelift.jpg

OME Springs 850/863
OME Shocks N73/N74E
OME Caster Bushings
OME Steering Stabilizer
MR. G 1" Spacers For The Front!

Very Stoked!

Install starting now!

Just one suggestions seeing you have the Mr. Gasket spacers. I am 99% sure that if you go with the spacers your front swaybar will hit your front driveshaft. You may want to call slee and get the sway bar spacers. ask me how i know.............

concretejungle said:
Just one suggestions seeing you have the Mr. Gasket spacers. I am 99% sure that if you go with the spacers your front swaybar will hit your front driveshaft. You may want to call slee and get the sway bar spacers. ask me how i know.............

Only with L shocks. The extra drop get's ya.

BM, after checking out your website w/ the pics of the 60 you shoulda just gone directly to the 6" lift ;)

Have fun with the install then let some of us SoCal folks know when you want to go out for some product testing.

Cheers
Mike R

Just did this too...sans caster bushings...(next month)

Just ordered the drops from Slee too...as well as the front spacers.

As I've done this and now heard the sounds coming from the front drive shaft, I think I am going to upgrade to the CV up front too...depending on how weighed down (or not) you might end up hearing lots of sounds accompanied by driveline vibrations (which for me were not there before the lift).

Have fun, take pics and show us the results...

best.
-onur
Akron, OH

Brian, how bad do you think the body roll would be with just the rear sway bar in place? THat would eliminate any and all front drive shaft bashing.

clownmidget said:
BM, after checking out your website w/ the pics of the 60 you shoulda just gone directly to the 6" lift ;)

Have fun with the install then let some of us SoCal folks know when you want to go out for some product testing.

Cheers
Mike R

:D no thanks, the 60 was way too high for any practical use. I want to lift this about 3-3.5" and thats it. I am sure it will be a learning process.

I just finished getting the rear springs in and everything is all buttoned up. I got to go to a buddies house for his vice to get the shock bushings in, what a bear that is! Will finish the front tomorrow, its 1/2 done now.

Thanks for all the advice! I will check the swaybar and if it hits, i will call Slee!

Thanks

Hmmmm, all wheel drive, lifted, with just the rear sway.... good question. The front radius arms do provide a bit of swaybar action.... try it and let us know.

FYI, if you need the front CV, slee can provide, or get the double cardon off the rear drive shaft on an extended cab tacoma... same bolt pattern.

concretejungle said:
...how bad do you think the body roll would be with just the rear sway bar in place?...
One outcome of removing the front sway bar and leaving in the rear would be a significant increase in the likelyhood of inducing oversteer - as in loosing directional control of the vehicle while making an emergency lane change due to the back end trying to swap positions with the front end.

Rich said:
One outcome of removing the front sway bar and leaving in the rear would be a significant increase in the likelyhood of inducing oversteer- as in loosing directional control of the vehicle while making an emergency lane change due to the back end trying to swap positions with the front end.

Good point.

Rich said:
One outcome of removing the front sway bar and leaving in the rear would be a significant increase in the likelyhood of inducing oversteer - as in loosing directional control of the vehicle while making an emergency lane change due to the back end trying to swap positions with the front end.

Rich,
What makes you say this? I'm not too sure I understand or agree with this.

CJ

Sway bar in front contributes to understeer. Increasing the stiffness of the front sway bar increases understeer. Opposite is true for rear sway bar. The stiffer the rear sway bar, the more the vehicle will oversteer. Many autos come from factory with only front sway bar. Some come with front and rear. I am not aware of any that come with rear sway bar only.

The hazards of oversteer would not be limited to only emergency manuvers. Going through a corner too fast, with a vehicle that oversteers, would result in the back leading the front, which most drivers would find impossible to recover from. With understeer, the vehicle plows ahead, so at least the drivers gets to see what they are about to hit!

I thought when you were loaded down in the front with an ARB and winch the spacers are fine and you don't have to woory about things hitting?

I have two spacers on my shelf I was going to install this weekend.

I ran 850's with spacers and an empty ARB bar with no problems.

Lots of wheeling with swaybar bolted on as well.

Never had a problem.

Now, J's with caster plates is another story... ;)

I've also driven hundreds of miles with either no swaybars, or just the front or just the rear installed. Never noticed anything other than the expected increases in body sway around turns.

Understeer and oversteer are only evident when the manuvering is severe enough that both wheels one one axle loose traction and the vehicle begins to slide. Understeering results in front end sliding. Oversteer results in back end sliding. The vast majority of vehicles are designed to understeer, as that is what the average Joe handles better in times of emergency.

:cheers: :bounce2: :bounce: I here a lot of guys having problems with things hitting or clearance issues... Whats up... I'm running J's L's 1.5 spacers up front and rear... no issues ....????? Is this the rigs or The parts, Whats up !....

And as Far as the sway bars ..It sounds Like its going to be a daily driver ... Keep them in .. If the wife desides to jump in and hit the road,, You may know what to expect She may not!!!!.M2s PS Congrats I what to see PICS ...

CruisinGA said:
I ran 850's with spacers and an empty ARB bar with no problems.

Lots of wheeling with swaybar bolted on as well.

Never had a problem.

Now, J's with caster plates is another story... ;)

Care to elaborate on both statements please? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom