I am concerned about my wiring... (AC Issue) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 1992 fj80 that the ac hasn't worked since I bought it. I just realized there are no wires going to my AC condenser relay (they didn't fall out, they are just non existent) and only one wire going to my CDS fan fuse. I am curious if the previous owner did some type of modification or is this some sort of normal. I am not sure how to proceed here or which wires I need to run to fix my issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have an 1992 fj80 that the ac hasn't worked since I bought it. I just realized there are no wires going to my AC condenser relay (they didn't fall out, they are just non existent) and only one wire going to my CDS fan fuse. I am curious if the previous owner did some type of modification or is this some sort of normal. I am not sure how to proceed here or which wires I need to run to fix my issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

when you say the ac is inop, is it just not blowing cold enough or not blowing cold at all? its totally normal for the ac compressor to not turn on if there is little to no Freon in the system, you should make sure that the system is full before starting diag

when you say the ac is inop, is it just not blowing cold enough or not blowing cold at all? its totally normal for the ac compressor to not turn on if there is little to no Freon in the system, you should make sure that the system is full before starting diag
Not blowing at all, ill look into checking the freon. Im new to this stuff.

if its not blowing at all then its going to be an issue with the blower motor, not necessarily related to the ac. could be the blower motor, blower motor resister, hvac controls or a wiring issue. check your gauge fuse (I expect that to be good) and check your heater fuse, both are tied into the hvac system

If the circuit is basically the same as on our 97 (it may not be), when the AC compressor goes out it will take out the instrument panel, too. It sounds like that is what happened here and they chose not to replace the compressor. Instead, they may have hacked things so they could get the instrument panel working again. I suspect once that's put right and you get the AC working, everything should be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom