I am bleeding my brakes, and mad. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm curious about that threadlock on the speed bleeders too. I just put mine in a couple of months ago and haven't had a reason to mess around with them again. I hope that they last a while though. Otherwise, they're useless - or maybe in need of some teflon tape?

you can order directly from speedbleeders.com I thought they were a no-brainer, very cheap.

It's a clever bleeder screw. Nothing is wrong so..there must be something wrong?? C'mon

I think they are awesome. On my car and truck, no problems.

I had no issues with the vacuum bleeder method and have recommended it to a few other folks.

I bought mine from harbor freight.

I've always bled the wheel closest to the master cylinder first (drivers side front), working away, that is: then passenger front, drivers rear, and finally passenger rear. If you begin passenger rear, you potentially have air in-between, in other lines. Had no problem with my 80. :cheers:

That's odd :confused:

For every other vehicle I've bled, I've always started with the farthest wheel from the master and worked my way in.... (Right Rear, Left Rear, Right Front, Left Front)

Are the Speedbleeders an online only purchase? I have not been able to find them locally which I found odd since they seem to be so popular.

Bleeding Brakes

You think that is hard / confusing. Wait until you come across a blocked bleed nipple. You undo the nipple expecting fluid to come out and then nothing. So you have to clamp the hose remove the nipple and unblock it with a small drill bit.
A real PITA. Meanwhile the wife is getting agitated waiting in the drivers seat for things to happen again.

ABS pump to bleed?

So, for those of us with ABS, which one of you will figure out how to use the ABS pump to bleed the brakes? I've heard this can be done on some GM vehicles - you hotwire (for lack of a better term) the ABS pump, and use it as an electric brake fluid pump. Talk about a power bleeder ;)

Obviously, the ABS pump isn't designed to run for a great period of time continuously. I'd think you'd have to find a way to tell the pump to 'do all 4 wheels' or '1 wheel at a time' or somehow make the pump do just what you wanted it to do.

I ordered yesterday. Here is my invoice.

SKU Description
Price Qty. Ext.
SB1010S SB1010S Speed Bleeder $7.00 4 $28.00
SB7100S SB7100S Speed Bleeder $7.00 1 $7.00<-----------------------Proportioning valve.
Subtotal: $35.00
Simple Shipping: $4.95
Grand Total: $39.95

EricE I noticed you got the sb1010s when their chart says sb1010 is there a reason you did this?
thanks

EricE I noticed you got the sb1010s when their chart says sb1010 is there a reason you did this?
thanks

My mistake really. The only difference is they are 3mm shorter. That shouldn't make a difference. I didn't order the S version for a reason.

EDIT: THE S VERSIONS DO NOT WORK. Don't order them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom