I am back after almost 10 years. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here the latest : scrubbed and painted 95% of the frame , New radiator new hoses new t’s. The painting is done , I just started doing some stuff on the inside , The driver side window didn’t work but after replacing the master switch and basil it was the button not the window motor , The previous owners had a video system that was mounted to the headboard where the center dome light assembly should’ve been I took that out and threw in the garbage because God knows how long it’s been broken plus that was cool back in the late 90s and early 2000’s but obsolete as Hell now , so my wife and I will take out the headboard and patch that up and probably put material on it the same color as the material I’ll have on the seat covers . OMG, The seats probably the most expensive thing I’ve done yet is rebuilding those things the foam alone from Toyota was 600 bucks if I get some good quality seat covers I won’t have to buy that leather cover that goes over the seat foam . But that’s where I’m at right now working on the inside as soon as I get the liner down I can tear out all of this extra stereo and video wiring that they put in this thing . Then pull out the stereo and put a single din stereo in it, on a sidenote now I wish I hadn’t replace the broken antenna because I kind a like the snorkel that’s kind of squarish but you have to take out your antenna Assembly to use that ,,,,. I forgot to mention I also put louvers on the hood .

2B9C90EE-C377-4262-A66E-639BBC35EDD1.jpeg

8203F768-98CD-4C01-AC47-496AC3FC17B1.jpeg

E7130576-2A06-4DB8-A256-4F9AC35D8F6E.jpeg

2CEAC758-3CB4-4BC7-B8C2-E6B3656E8AFC.jpeg

4CFA9C54-881F-45D7-89BC-C7984D5E9FCF.jpeg

Last edited:
Here the latest : scrubbed and painted 95% of the frame , New radiator new hoses new t’s. The painting is done , I just started doing some stuff on the inside , The driver side window didn’t work but after replacing the master switch and basil it was the button not the window motor , The previous owners had a video system that was mounted to the headboard where the center dome light assembly should’ve been I took that out and threw in the garbage because God knows how long it’s been broken plus that was cool back in the late 90s and early 2000’s but obsolete as Hell now , so my wife and I will take out the headboard and patch that up and probably put material on it the same color as the material I’ll have on the seat covers . OMG, The seats probably the most expensive thing I’ve done yet is rebuilding those things the foam alone from Toyota was 600 bucks if I get some good quality seat covers I won’t have to buy that leather cover that goes over the seat foam . But that’s where I’m at right now working on the inside as soon as I get the liner down I can tear out all of this extra stereo and video wiring that they put in this thing . Then pull out the stereo and put a single din stereo in it, on a sidenote now I wish I hadn’t replace the broken antenna because I kind a like the snorkel that’s kind of squarish but you have to take out your antenna Assembly to use that ,,,,. I forgot to mention I also put louvers on the hood .

View attachment 2071144

View attachment 2071145

View attachment 2071146

View attachment 2071149

View attachment 2071150

P15.JPG

Looks great! What process did you do to scrub and paint the frame? There seems to be a lot of opinions on that here. Have any pictures of underneath?

Might as well Flex-Dream it! Feels like it could be your style. I love them and was planning this conversion but I ended up with an LX that can't accept these lights/grille.
Flex-Dream-LC100-BiegeBlack.jpg

There's a vendor who makes a similar style headlight bucket in steel on this forum. That Japanese kit is crazy pricey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom